1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 ????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapshootin hippie, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Found a model 12 today in the one million range, with straight trap stock and trap forend. Reciever shows a good amount of wear, but the barrel assembly is like new. Barrel is 26 inches and has no choke marking, just s2, in think it was. Bottom of forend assembly was marked trap. Had vent rib, and duck bill extension on reciever. Whats your opinion of what i might be lookinat? Price was bout 600 dollars.

2. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Sound like a Rube Goldberg job to me. What you describe is a Trap receiver with a Skeet barrel are the serial numbers matching on the receiver and the barrel extention. Sounds like a pieced together gun. Even if it is and it shoots good and you want it the price is not all that bad depending on condition. I would have the choke checked if stamped WS2 that is a Winchester choke mark for a Skeet barrel.

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

One eye, I forgot to mention that both numbers match. How hard is it to find a good trap barrel for this gun? The finish on the front assembly is almost pefect, while the reciever shows considerable blue wear. And, the choke is definitely not t tight one. Thanks for any opinions.

4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I am working a gun show this weekend and a gun has 3 model 12 barrels. Only one is a 30" raised rib trap barrel choked full. Let me know if you want me to get a number for you to call. Omaha