1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 weight gain

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by austin fatts, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. austin fatts

austin fatts TS Member

Thinking about adding alittle weight to my Model 12. How would I go about do this??

Austin Fatts

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i have always believed that if you put a recoil reducer in the stock alone, it will make the barrel whippy. i would only add weight if you can put equal amounts of weight to the stock, as well as in the tube. personally, i find the model 12 to be the best feeling gun there is for trap. the weight is between the hands.
    i love model 12's.
    steve balistreri

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I added a few ounces in the front of the mag. on mine. I also added several ounces in the stock directly in line with the bore. Should you add weight to the front of the mag., place a rubber cushion in front of the weight to absorb part of the weight transfer when it's fired. Some guys just put the weight behind the mag. spring but I found I liked the weight against the front better. I weighted mine to where it weighed real close to 13 pounds and felt like shooting a BB gun. Hap

4. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I filled a couple of shells completely with shot and crimped and taped them and put them in front of the spring in the magazine.It really helped smooth the swing.

Darr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.