1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 Value

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by James L Balog, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

a little help here on the value of this gun would be appreciated.

i have a nickel steel model 12 skeet gun stamped skeet with all serial numbers matching and completely original i would rate it at 93-95%

any help?

thanks a lot

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

James: You need to supply more information. First and foremost; what gauge? What serial # ? (You just need to give the 1st 4 #'s or so and use XXX for the last several #'s. The gauge is the most important though. Ed

3. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

its a 12 gauge serial #8749xx 26 inch barrel skeet choked

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

James: If it is a 12 gauge this hurts the value a lot. A 20 gauge or better yet a 28 gauge would be worth a lot. I am assuming this gun has a solid rib on it. It was produced in 1941. It is almost impossible to place a precise value on it and there may be several people on this forum who have more knowledge about this than I. If it is all original and has not been refinished and in 93-95% condition; you have a very nice gun that will bring good money. However, how much is dependent on who out there wants it bad enough. I probably would guess that if it were mine I would start out at $1300. Now, that is if it is all original and in the 94% condition you say it is in. Hopefully it has good grain in the wood and the finish is in very good shape. As stated seeing it would mean a lot to any prospective purchasers on this forum. Can you post pictures? I'm sure there will be others that may help you more than I. If it were a 20 gauge or a 28 gauge; you would be surprised what it would bring. Good luck. Ed

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I,v seen two or three around the gun shops like your,s . The price is about like a good model 12 trap . Any place from $850 to 1,000

6. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I know there are market variations but I would not go higher than $800 and that is probably a bit high.

7. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

There were half as many Skeet guns to trap guns. $1300 is cheap. Jeff

8. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

thank you very much guys, sorry unable to post pictures at this time. the wood is pretty much strait grained and has normal handling dings, and there is one about quater inch scratch that is noticiable on the reciever. other than that the gun is in great shape. i have no interest in selling, i was out shooting it and a few people told me the gun was worth around 1,300-1,500 and i didnt believe them since i paid 450 for it at the grand a few years back. i was just trying to see what the gun was actually worth

thanks

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I think Gary hit it right . It looks like out west a Model 12 is worth more . I know in Indiana a nice Mod 12 trap is 950.00 to 1,000.00 . The Skeet guns in 12 ga. don,t bring anymore .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.