1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***MODEL 12 VALUE QUESTION***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bvr Tail, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Need a little help.

I have been approached by a friend who is selling a model 12 trap, with a matching numbers skeet barrel assy. Been told it is a two pin model, but not much more.

Now, I am familiar with pricing on trap and skeet models, and how to tell if it is original or otherwise, but I don't know of a value for a set like this with matching numbers.

A friend bought a non-matching numbers set like this many years ago for $550.00, and it suits his purpose just fine.

Please give me a ballpark figure for this two barrel set.

Danny

2. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Danny, market is soft right now for your average Model 12's. A matching set would be desirable and better than average but a lot depends on condition and modifications. You would really need to post good clear pictures and I'm sure someone could help with a valuation. I posted a link to a long thread on Shotgun World having to do with Model 12 valuation. I would think a matching Skeet barrel set would command at least 50% more.

I really enjoy shooting Model 12's and buy them whenever I can find original guns for a reasonable price.

JohnR

3. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Thanks JohnR.

I can't post an pictures right now, as I have not seen the gun yet, and I think this will be a quick sale.

Would $1800.00 be out of line if it is all original with normal wear?

Danny

4. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

I would think that something in the 1500 to 1800 range would be reasonable being a 2 barrel set. Hopefully some more knowledgeable members than myself will chime in.

JohnR

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

The condition and originality would have to be just perfect to be worth $1800. Be careful.

6. 5141

5141 Member

Thanks to JohnR for the link,
    I posted a question yesterday in a reply to another thread about Model 12's.
    My question was about 2-pin vs. 3-pin rib values as related to pristeen Model 12 trap guns.Several members PMed me with input as well as a couple of offers
    I appreciate the input on values.
    I will be posting a WTS ad for a 1962 3-pin gun shortly.

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

5141 What condition is your 3 Pin? A mint 2pin wiil bring a premium. A 3 pin vs a 2 pin in less than mint would have less of a spread IMO. I would put the difference between the 2 at 200-400 depending on the market.

8. 5141

5141 Member

Hitapair. Condition is subjective ,
    I'll err on the conservative side and say a 98% metal 97-96% wood on an original Un-altered gun that was never campaigned by a Trapshooter.
    A 1962 gun 1,922,XXX serial number.
    30" .729 Bore with .036 constriction marked Full
    8lb.6oz. with a 14 3/8" LOP Monte Carlo Stock with a Red Win Pad.
    I'll get around to placing a WTS thread with pics. this week.
    Thanks for the input on value of a 2 vs. 3 pin gun. I'll price accordingly.

9. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

I agree, $1800.00 sounds too high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

value difference between 2 pin and 3 pin model 12 trap