1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 users

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by austin fatts, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. austin fatts

austin fatts TS Member

Just wondering aproximately how many shooters in your club regularly shoot MODEL 12'S in your club. We counted 18 at our club and probably missed a couple. We even shoot a 300 bird Model 12 league.

Austin Fatts

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I haven't shot my Model 12 since I had my dental surgery.

3. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I shoot mine once or twice a year and still do well with it. It's my backup gun should I need it.

4. Bridger

Bridger Member

I have a couple of them and may look for another at the Grand this summer. I shoot mine regularly and usually shoot them just as well as my main gun. I have to go with an after market stock though to get them to fit me right. A bunch of us got together once for an all Model 12 squad but one guy showed up with an 870 so we didn't quite make it. At one club I seldom see anyone else shooting a Model 12 but at another where I belong there are several of us that have them. Still a grand old gun.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I take one of mine out and shoot a few rounds of practice with it from time to time, not sure why I ever quit shooting them because they don't make any guns that are any better yet today ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

I bought my P guns because they point like my M12's now isn't that dumb on my part, could have saved some money. I shoot my M12's once or twice a year for fun and break the same # of targets as with the P guns. I always use a M12 to teach junior shooters because they can hit more birds.
    Go Well
    Wayne

7. capnrico

capnrico TS Member

Probably 7 or 8.

And by the way,,,,,,

<a href="http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i181/1capnrico/?action=view&current=M12Challenge.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

8. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I bought mine in 1976 and have shot it since.

I had a BT99 and a SuperX1 but for some reason shot it the best.

I know its obsolete by todays standards but I always liked their looks. Truly a hansome shotgun in my opinion.

One oz. loads make them more tolerable. Dont see many at the local clubs anymore.

Regards....Gerald

9. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

I have (2) and shoot them every couple of months...........My son started shooting one last month..he may be hooked..........

10. shadow

shadow Active Member

I have a few and they have been sorely neglected,as far as shooting them is concerned, for far too long.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

That Model 12 Calcutta Challenge is a great idea, wish I lived closer to Ohio ... Might want to add some Annies and Protections while you got all of the Model 12 shooters out there ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. capnrico

capnrico TS Member

WPT: We will have Annie’s, Protections, Porch Shoot, 10-Birds & I’m sure the wobble trap will be involved on more than one of the games.

If you don’t see one you like to play all you have to do is start one.

We like to play! That’s why it’s a model 12 shoot.

And if you change your mind, we are 52 minutes North from Dayton Airport and 61 minutes West of Columbus Airport. Can you truly put a price on having fun???

Eric

13. Bitter American

Bitter American TS Member

Have a 59 pigeon, was my Grandfathers. This is my pride and joy. Shoot it a few times a year just so I can clean it.

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

BA,I'd sure like seeing a picture of your 59 pigeon grade! The 59 is my favorite bird gun having used them since the 60s. Thanks in advance if you have pictures you would share. Remove the X in my address above if so. Hap

15. Bitter American

This is the 59 Pigeon Hap

16. Bitter American

17. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I got my first Model 12 when friend put one on our table at a gun show. A person I knew said he would take it but pay me later. I kept the gun while waiting payment and got to liking it. Months later when he finally came up with the cash, it wasn't for sale any longer. The gun began to fit better and better. It is hated at the Pondos as it gets more accurate when it is the 3rd shot! It has put a number of $5000 guns on the sidelines with that 3rd shot. It probably never will be for sale again in my lifetime. LOL Omaha

18. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I have a M12 that my grandfather bought new back in 1928. Of course, it's choked full, and when I say full I mean like turkey full. I shot skeet with it yesterday. Stations 1, 7 and 8 were easy. Anything else and I had to be spot on. The amazing thing is that when I shot trap with it, 27 yard birds just turned to powder. This gun has some reach. Years ago in Montana I shot ducks with it on the central flyway.....before steel shot and before the point system. I've taken so may sharttailed grouse, ducks, geese and long range huns with it that I really couldn't count.

19. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

You are not a real Trapshooter unless you own at least one Model 12!

20. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

if memory serves me correctly reggie jachimowski from illinois was the 1st to break 100 straight from the 27 yard line at the grand. he shot a model 12. i believe the 2nd was phil ross from calif & he shot a model 12 dwain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.