1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 Trigger Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by esoxhunter, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Yesterday I purchased a Model 12 trigger assembly off of ebay. After purchasing it I noted that the assembly does not include the "shell guard". I examined one of my Model 12 trigger groups and this shell guard is a stamped piece of metal that rides along the right side of the shell carrier. My question is that this assembly will be used as a backup. I do not shoot doubles with the gun. Would this assembly work if I do not place a shell in the magazine? (As it seems this part is part of the process that delivers the shell from the magazine to the chamber). Thanks. Ed

2. bwvan

bwvan TS Member

Most people around here take them out purposely and the trigger works fine. It's only function is to hold shells in the magazine.

3. esoxhunter

That would probably be the "shell stop" which is a separate part. However this so called "shell guard" is a part of the trigger assembly and pivots along side the shell carrier. Ed

4. Oldman1949

Oldman1949 Banned User Banned

The correct name is "cartridge guide", and the trigger asy. will work in your gun without it.
    It's purpose is to keep shells from the mag. correctly aligned when pumping the gun,they also prevent shells from rolling toward the ejection port if the gun is canted when operating the pump.

5. esoxhunter

Thanks. That makes sense. I want to have this assembly converted to a release and will be using it only as a spare. Ed

6. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

Alot of the late production guns didn't have this and none of the early guns did. It will work fine as it most likely came without one from the factory

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.