1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 trap modified choke

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

I also have not seen any but it is possible. I have seen many labeled full choke that were actually super full extra tight.

Pat Ireland

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I have a 1917 trap model 12 that is a modified choke.

George

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I have a Y model that is factory mod.

4. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i have a milled rib 2 pin trap gun choked imp. mod dwain

5. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I have seen Mod choke, but they are rare. Post a picture of yours. Todd

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I have one with a factory Improved Modified that was owned by Herb Parsons. Jeff

7. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I've seen some Mod. choked Mod. 12s. Most I have seen were either Full or IMP.CYL. You can find a few in other choke configurations since the Win. custom shop would special order just about anything you wanted.

8. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

I have an old solid rib model with a factory stamped modified choke.

Danny

9. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

Model 12 trap guns were made in Full, mod and tword the end of production of the pre 64's, imod. Choking other than full is fairly rare in any 30" brl model 12's and most traps are 30". All milledribs were 30" with exception of the ws-1 which was 27" and the 3 pins were 30" except for the ws-1 Most of the mod trap guns will be pre war.

10. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

bobby3200 - Reading the responses on this thread, I suspect that you now believe your old shotgun is worth something more than an old shotgun is actually worth. Think about it - there were more than 2,000,000 model 12 guns made. In case you have trouble with numbers that is more than two million guns. I don't give a darn about the choke of your shotgun. If it is a 12 gauge and you do not have a factory letter regarding that firearm, it is just another old gun. It is not rare, it is not worth a premium, it is not worth more than 500 bucks.

11. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

it is hard to tell how effective it is until you shoot it. Guns choked in that era where choked for wadding not plastic shot cups. The shot cups require less constriction to be effective and many guns today will pattern tighter than full choke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.