1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

model 12 trap guns for sale

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trapshooter, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

All I can say is NICE!!!!! Todd

2. John Stefanowicz

John Stefanowicz TS Member

If you have anything mfg in 1943, I would be very interested, especially in a good trap pigeon. John

3. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i don,t think any winchester guns were produced for the public during ww2 but i might be wrong dwain

4. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

Guns where sold during WWII

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

winchesterm12, I think your response was to dbc61451, but he said produced, not sold. He may be right. I'd be surprised if any firearms were produced for public consumption during that period of all out war effort.

Buz

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Many years ago I bought a Milled rib trap that was stamped skeet on the receiver below the serial #. The gun looked original and was not all cobbled up. I bought the gun before Winchester became US Repeating Arms. I called the custom shop and talked to an elderly gentleman there who worked for winchester during the war and described the gun to him. He told me there was no M12 production during the war and that after the war the returning servicemen were anxious to get back on the trap fields and were demanding M12 traps. He said Winchester was assembling trap guns from the parts they had before production was switched over from the military effort to civilian production and that no doubt my M12 trap-skeet was a product of putting together trap guns from whatever parts they could scrounge up. The serial # fits w/ what he told me. Accordingly I would agree w/ the statement that Winchester was not producing M12's during the war.

7. blkdog

blkdog TS Member

I would be interested in the pigon grade wood not the english one. Please E mail at hillbrook@alltel.net
    Bill

8. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

His posting says "I would like to sell altogether."

9. spritc

spritc Active Member

Dwain, I have owned many model 12s over the years and still own three. I think you should price each one individually as it may be too much for one person to buy them all. If you need help in pricing them feel free to email me a list and their corresponding condition and I'll give you a Blue Book price on each, which is a good place to get started.

Steve

10. John Stefanowicz

John Stefanowicz TS Member

Winchester Model 12 Production: 1943 958304-975640 serial number range. John

11. TC

TC TS Member

Would it be safe to guess that most if not all the production during the war years was for military use? I am sure that some skeet models were used for aerial training. Tony

12. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

I would be interested in pics and pricing when you get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.