1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Model 12 Trap" gun wanted to buy

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Bushmaster1313, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I would like to purchase a pre-1964 dedicated "Model 12 Trap" as my first trap gun.

Usually I like a 14 1/4 length of pull.

Anyone out there have an honest gun at a fair price for sale through my local FFL?

Will pay cash but I have a very nice 1941 Remington 31 full choke for trade

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I sent a PM or e-mail me

3. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

0   0   0

Do you have any pictures of the Model 31? Is it a trap model? I do have 5 model 12' three original Y-models and two conversions one money maker and one simmons. All have very nice wood alex Kotter

4. Bushmaster1313

0   0   0

Model 31 is a gorgeous field model, full choke, that I will try to get you a picture of tonight. Looks new, I really mean it, except for a couple of spots on the receiver. Has an extra firing pin and firing pin spring.

I want an older dedicated trap gun.
    Part to keep the cost down, part for the nostalgia.

5. Bushmaster1313

0   0   0

I think it does not make sense for me to try to get a first trap gun sight unseen.

Thanks for the inquiries.

6. dzneff

dzneff Member

0   0   0

Bushmaster1313,

I have a Model 12, Nickel Steel Barrel, 12 ga., 28" full, vent rib & trap wood, 95% condition, 14-3/8" LOP, $600.00 + shipping to your FFL holder. Send me your e-mail address for pics.
    Dennis
    Phone: 928-486-3549

7. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

0   0   0

i have a 1936 2 pin milled rib i am going to sell it is marked "standard trap" it has a right hand rollover anton stock. been reblued. great shooter but they didn,t do the reblue very good the barrel is turning purplish pm me if interested & i will get back with you in a couple days or 3 i am in s e iowa.dwain

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hey Foggy!

Maybe you could sell him your Skunk Grade M12!

9. Bushmaster1313

0   0   0

Thank you for all the suggestions.

I have decided, however, to shop at local dealers, or if that fails, at shows.

10. shadow

shadow Active Member

0   0   0

Barry, Foggy wouldnt sell that "skunk grade" for all the money he has won with it--and that is a BUNCH!!!!

He told me that when he leaes this world there will be a special pocket in his casket for the "skunk".

11. Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder TS Member

0   0   0

Bushmaster: I have an as new Y model, with soft touch, Stuart Wright barrel work and original box. I would be interested in your Model 31. Pehaps we can work something out.

E Mail me at jhshoemaker@cox.net and tell me if you are interested and where you are located.

Jim

12. oyster picker

oyster picker TS Member

0   0   0

I have an older model 12 that is in real good mechanical condition.
    It shows some use but no abuse. It is 30" full choke. I shot it very
    well some 20 or 30 years ago. It's not mine. My friend passed away
    and I'm selling it for his son. It's $600.00 plus shipping.

If your 31 is a trap model or at least a 30" full with a rib barrel
    I'm interested in it. Could you email me some pics.

I can email pics of the model 12 if you are interested.

Thanks & good luck Ray

13. mike T

mike T Member

0   0   0

Although I think a model 12 is a wonderful gun. I would lean towards a BT99 or a 1100 or a 391 auto. With the BT you will have a trap gut that can take you as far as you want. The only problem is it is for singles and handicap only. With an auto you would be able to shoot all the trap games singles, doubles, and handicap. Even Skeet, sporting clays, and 5 stand with the proper choke tubes.
    Find a good used 1100 have an adjustable comb cut into the stock and you will have a great gun with an investment that you can get your money back out of if you want to trade up to a combo.
    mike t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.