1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 Trap, As New w/Box and Tag

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by , Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B²

0   0   0

Winchester model 12 trap gun w/30" full choke barrel, milled 3 pin vent rib, in excellent condition with original hang tag and factory box. The wood is beautiful. This gun was manufactured in 1962, and as you can see by the magazine tube, it has been shot very little. LOP is 14-1/2". Please contact me for additional pictures or information. Please see additional photos on GunBroker.com item 156785996 Blair Brimmer, Indianapolis, IN

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

How much ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. B²

0   0   0

$2300 or make offer. See photos on Gun Broker.

4. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

0   0   0

wow.

That is a real beauty.

5. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

0   0   0

Is it a milled rib or a three pin rib? they are not the same. I know the answer from the pics do you?

6. TjayE

TjayE Member

0   0   0

The Model 12's manufactured in the 1960's did not have a "milled rib". The model 12's with "milled ribs" were 2 pin ribs.

Blair, your model 12 is a very nice looking gun. It would be one of the last "pre-64" model 12 that Winchester manufactured. Tom

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

It is a nice 3 pin late model 12 before the Y. It will surprise me if he gets a bid however

8. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

0   0   0

Excuse the stupid question, but what is meant by 2 pin or 3 pin? Thanks David

9. TjayE

TjayE Member

0   0   0

al391claybuster:

The first picture with the gun beside the box shows the three pins holding the vent rib onto the barrel. The three pins are in the center rib support.

10. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Up for Blair

11. Landshark

Landshark Member

0   0   0

Beautiful Model 12.

12. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

0   0   0

Tjay, my father bought a Pigeon 12 in I believe 1969 with a milled rib. Anyhow the first four numbers on the gun were 1969. By a milled rib you mean the posts were rounded, right? Well, this one had that. Jim

13. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Jim, The milled rib is the 2 pin and has the "knurling" on top of the receiver.

14. TjayE

TjayE Member

0   0   0

Jim, a "milled rib" means the rib and posts are all milled from one piece of metal. Later Model 12 vent. ribs were two piece construction. Rib and post were separate. Look at the underside of the rib, if it is flat surface = it is a milled rib. If it has a dove tail groove running the entire length of the rib, it is not considered a milled rib model. Also, look at the front end of the rib (directly into the muzzle end of barrel), if you see the dove tail groove on the rib front surface, it is not considered a milled rib. I will agree the dove tail is milled into the rib, but this is the later version ventilated rib used by Winchester on their M12. Throughout the years of manufacturing the Model 12, Winchester made several changes to the ventilated rib. Reason for this was for 'cost reduction' and less machining. The round post configuration definitely is not a milled rib version. If you want more information, PM me your telephone number and I will call you with more details. Tom

15. B²

0   0   0

This gun has been sold. Thank you all for your comments and for looking.

Blair

16. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

0   0   0

Good afternoon Tom, If you have a 2 pin milled rib gun, do the 2 pins hold the rib onto the posts? Does the rib then "float" on the posts? Does that mean that the rib and posts are seperate pieces? I thought that a 2 pin milled rib gun had the posts machined on the barrel, meaning that the posts and barrel were all one piece?

Also is the "round post,donut base" version also referred to as the "new winchester special ventilated rib"?

17. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

0   0   0

I don't care what rib it is, its beautiful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
blair brimmer
in the box model 12 y trap
model 12 three pin rib
model 12 winchester with box
win model 12 new in box
winchester model 12 new in box
winchester model 12 trap rib photos

y model 12 trap gun new in box