1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 Super Field

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Buster1652, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buster1652

Buster1652 Member

Could some of you Winchester guys help me out. I purchased a Winchester Model 12 Super Field 12 ga, 26 inch imp cyl barrel, solid rib, very nice figured stock. Bluing I would guess about 90%.

Any idea how much this gun would be worth and are they fairly common with the 26 inch imp cyl barrel?

Any info would be appreaciated.

Thanks

Art

2. Buster1652

Buster1652 Member

Thank You Dr Larry for the info

Art

3. Rebsmith

Rebsmith Member

Buster.....ALL Super Field M12's are solid rib guns. They were offered to use up the surplus inventory of solid rib barrels. Winchester used skeet wood on an otherwise ordinary matted rib field gun and called it a Super Field. They didn't sell well and they are unusual to find today. In the collectors' world, the original box marked "Special Field" is worth as much a field gun. The one in my collection is a "special order Special Field" with a Cutts. Riffle says it's the only one he has ever seen. The seller thought it was a skeet gun and so did I until I researched it. The serial number on yours should put it around 1958 when most of the Super Field guns were assembled. If you're a collector, it's a prize, especially with the IC barrel.

Jere

4. Buster1652

Buster1652 Member

I would like to say "Thanks" to all you guys that have given me info on my Super field model 12.

I attend quite a few gun shows and this was the first one I had seen.

Art

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester model 12 super field

wnchester model 12 super field