1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

model 12 stock project

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Holeinmypattern, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holeinmypattern

Holeinmypattern TS Member

I bought the blank for this a while ago and finally had it turned into a stock. I just finished the sanding and have one coat of finish on it. I think its going to turn out nice!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Nice? I would say spectacular might be understating it.

3. plaw

plaw Active Member

Yes sir be sure we get to see the finished product.I have a nice anton stock on mine but not this nice.

4. johnboy

johnboy Member

Very nice wood but I would think applying the finish would be easier if the checkering was the last step. Nice checkering pattern. Any engraving on the metal?

5. Holeinmypattern

Im doing a oil finish on it, and it is actually going on quite well, I have 2 more coats to go and then it will have seven. I have a factory ribbed heavy duck that it is going on for now but it may end up on one of my Ulrich engraved guns.

John

6. johnboy

johnboy Member

How about that, I am also working on a M12 duck gun. I have the wood almost finished ready for checkering. The wood is nowhere near yours and it's a plain barrel but plan on putting a vent rib on it. Sounds like you are a model 12 fan.

7. Holeinmypattern

Yup, ive owned alot of expensive trap guns but I always have shot a model 12 the best. Last time I counted I had 42 of them in thr safe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.