1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 Shoot @ Downers Grove SC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by k1200ltc509, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

The Downers Grove SC located in Morris, Illinois will be hosting a Model 12 Shoot on Saturday June 12th, rain or shine.

There will be a 30 Bird Race with 15 targets @ 16 yards and 15 targets @ ATA yardage, or 25 yards if unclassified. Registration begins at 830 and ends at 1030 am. Cost for the 30 Bird race is $10.00 with $3.00 going into the pot.

The auction for the main event will be immediately after the 30 bird race is completed. This will be 25 targets at 16 yards and 25 targets at ATA yardage or 25 yards if unclassified. The cost of this event will be $25.00, with $5.00 going into the pot. If no one bids on you, there is a mandatory $10.00 buy-in for the main event. There will be other options I.E. Long Run FTB, and BTF. 50/60 split the pot, 60% pay back, and others. Lunch will be included for those entering the 50 target event, and available for purchase for spectators and others.

PM me please if you have any questions, or would like to pre-register! Thanks for the interest. Rick Gibbs

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

This sounds like a fun event, wish I was a tad closer!!

Hap

3. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

TTT for a great sounding event. Thanks again for a fine swap meet Rick, I had a good time, Rodbuster.

4. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

5. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Hap come on over and we will put you up in the trailer!

Rod I was happy with the # of tables, and the turnout. Someone near the door (i was in the back with Herman W.) said he had a count of over 150 people.

My food guy kinda let me down, that will be fixed in the future. We will have food available from the getgo, next time. And someone there constantly. I had planned for the AIM kids to be there, most of them are on the honor roll, or college prep...

We will have another one in the fall, before hunting season. Same type of show, same venue.

I ended up with that 03-A3 across from you! That was the only genre of military rifles that I didn't have! Got a fair price on it too. See you at the club, Rick Gibbs

PS, you coming to the Mdl 12 shoot?

6. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Hey Rick, I thought things went pretty well for the first event. Everyone I talked to had a good time, and was looking forward to the next one. I didn't have a problem with the food, Rosie had plenty to eat in the main building, and as usual it was delicious! I was at the club shooting today, and I heard a rumor that there will be more tables at the next swap meet.

I am hoping to come to the model 12 shoot. I will probably have better luck shooting the model 12, than I have been having with the BT100. Maybe Herman will put on a shooting performance with his model 12?

See you at the club Rick, and thanks again, Rodbuster.

7. Hap MecTweaks

Rick, thanks for the nice offer, I appreciate that! What date is the fall shoot scheduled for? I plan on a deer hunting trip to Ohio next fall, two birds with one rock would work well too!

Hap

8. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Hap, October 3rd is the Grundy County Fall Handicap. A peach of a shoot! A little bird told me that the Aim Head Coach won that a couple of years ago with a lone 99. Momma got a new pair of shoes... The offer still stands for a place to stay.

Rod, there will be more tables for sure! People wanted to give me their table fees for the next show that day. I said lets pick the day and everything first.

Didn't you know Herman sold me HIS Model 12?? I was at the right place, at the right time for that transaction. (And the person he had promised it to went to the trap field in the sky!) I just consider myself the person that is fortunate to care for that Model 12, and shoot it once in awhile. Of course if Herman would want to shoot it anytime for any reason it would be his. A piece of history on that one. The first time I shot it I missed the first two, then I moved the comb over, it was set for a righty, and just incinerated the next 23 like I knew what I was doing with it.

Gather your "treasures" for the fall swap meet. Hopefully corn will be in and we can have a corn boil!!! RG

9. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Monday Bump!

10. Hap MecTweaks

Thanks for the invite and offer! My trip for the hunt is in Nov. for the O.deer season. I will eventually make it to Morris and shoot with you guys, I like fun clubs and you guys have that going on there!! Maybe next year and thanks again Rick!

Hap

11. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Stanley Cup Playoff date bump! Go Hawks

12. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Stanley Cup Champs, and last bump for the shoot. RG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.