1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

model 12 serial number info

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gunner53, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunner53

gunner53 TS Member

Can someone give me the name and author of the book that tells you the date of manufacture of the model 12 by serial number please. I would like to purchase a book on model 12's. Thank you in advance for your help.

2. Wentez

Wentez Member

From Google:
    Winchester Model 12 Shotgun Book-1st ED. Madis EXC!!!!! - (eBay ...eBay: Find Winchester Model 12 Shotgun Book-1st ED. Madis EXC!!!!! in the Sporting Goods , Hunting , Vintage , Vintage Gun Parts category on eBay.
    cgi.ebay.com/Winchester-Model-12-Shotgun-Book-1st-ED-Madis-EXC_W0QQitemZ330170975614QQihZ014QQcategoryZ71... - 99k - Cached - Similar pages
    Looks like e-bay is a source - I'm not a fan of e-bay

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

You can purchase books on Winchesters and Model 12's through Amazon.com. Just get on the Amazon.com home page and run a search. In most cases at a cheaper price than ebay and if you are lucky; free shipping! Ed

4. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

While you're searching for a book, here's a page from the McHenry Sportsmen's Club listing info you may be looking for. Looks like they only listed pre 64 models.

Bill Radwan

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Unless alzhiemers has set in permanently, Fjesteds Blue Book of Gun Values lists the M.12 mfg. dates by serial number. Also, few realize that many of the Winchester barrels were stamped with a date the barrel was made. If you can see the underside of the barrel at the receiver, basically between the magazine tube and barrel but on the barrel, you just may see two numbers like "28" or "42" and those numbers represent the year in the 20th century when the barrel was made (id est 1928 or 1942). It would typically be a year before the gun was assembled and serialized. I've seen this number on many M.12s but it's not always visible without disassembly AND it was known that if the person stamping the barrels went on a lunch break, there were many barrels not so stamped....breakemall....Bob Dodd

6. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

http://oldguns.net/sn_php/windateslookup.php

The above site has post '64 info

panthers314

7. gunner53

gunner53 TS Member

I want to thank all of you that responded to my inquiry thank you very much the info has been just what I was looking for.

8. joshif

joshif TS Member

Try this. It works for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.