1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 restoration

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by winchesterkid, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winchesterkid

winchesterkid Member

I have a model 12 Trap that I am interested in restocking. The current stock has been cut down then added back to with a 1" black spacer and a recoil pad. Not a very pretty site. I am interested in keeping an original look, but also making it easier to shoot if needed. I can't afford a fancy original, so I had looked at a stock made by High Plains Gunstocks. For the money it doesnt look like a bad deal. The guy will also install a graco adustable comb fairly cheap. I was thinking of getting a Monte Carlo style unfinished stock with an adjustable comb. This way I can finsh the stock and refinish the forearm to match as best I can. Has anyone delt with High Plains Gunstocks, what is your opinion on their product.

Thanks,
    Ryan Weddle

2. trapman69

trapman69 Member

[​IMG]

I think he does a great job my set came with very little finishing needed. Very nice checkering job. A+ great price great guality. He also has some very fancy md 12 wood this is the basic unfinished set he sells. Hope this helps Tom R
    PS this gun is for sale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
high plains gunstocks

high plains model 12 fancy stock

trapshooters high plains gunstock