1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Josh14593, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh14593

Josh14593 TS Member

I was wondering what would the value be of a pre war winchester model 12, nickel steel barrel, has 30 inch full barrel with simmons vent rib, custom stock and forearm.

2. miss alot

miss alot TS Member

I would it have to say 1. How good of condition is the gun in. 2. How "good is this CUSTOM stock, Did some stick a chuck of 2x6 grade lumber in a vice to make it.

There are a lot of varibles involved here.

If the gun is in normal condition $600 to $1000 is probaly close.

I bought a built-up with true b-carved wood for $525 I got lucky on that deal.

Shoot Straight, Shoot Often.

Rich S.

3. sx1skeet

sx1skeet TS Member

I would also say the wood is what will make the value of the gun.

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

According to one poster on this site, it would be worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $2500.

For the rest of us $800 would be a good starting point and that would be very dependant upon the wood like was previously stated.

ss

5. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

Short Shucker>. You kill me !!! Does anyone know what that gun really sold for ?? If it was close to 2500 Im going to empty my safe out quick !! Chuck

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The bidding stopped at $700 on Gunbroker. I'd say it was properly appraised.

ss

7. spritc

spritc Active Member

Short sucker, that was just the first round of bidding and the reserve is no where near $2,500. The owner did learn a little something about value from this site, which I already knew. It will eventually sell and I guess somewhere above the $700 of the first round.

You know it alls really know nothing, but you sure have an opinion on about everything, just search his sign-on name and see how many opinions he has.

Josh value is determined by condition and the rarity of the model. Show these guys some pictures along with a description of condition, then you'll have a bunch of opinions of value.

Best of luck,

Steve

8. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

You trying to tell me old kolardude was a little high?! And then he followed up with a 1100 that he wanted $1100 and a lever 410 Winnie for $1000! Here I thought he knew his s--t! I was getting ready for him to sell some guns for me on consignment! Tom Rhoads

9. spritc

spritc Active Member

Tom, you and short sucker related? Those guns you refer to are not mine and their values were determined by the seller. The 1100 you refer to is the new Competition model and sell for more than $1,350.00 new. The other guns are priced at current market or below. The seller will let the market determine value, not you so called experts. By the way, I would have no interest in helping you sell anything, I only care to help good people even if they don't know how to price their guns.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.