1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trail, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trail

Trail Active Member

I'm looking at a used Model 12 trap for my son. He's a lefty (I didn't raise him right, apparently). Can anyone tell me if the Model 12 has a nuetral cast?

I'd also ask the same queation about the Ithaca Century trap.

Thanks!

Trail

2. sx1skeet

sx1skeet TS Member

Both model 12's I shot a very nuetral. One does have slight right hand cast.

3. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

For some reason every left handed shooter useing a Model 12 that I have been around was TOUGH!
    Very bad to be in a shootoff against. Let him use the pump but ALWAYS make sure that he has his shooting glasses on!

4. rd

rd TS Member

I owned one for a short while that had pronounced left hand cast(cast on for a righty). It appeared to be a factory stock. I'm right handed, so I sold it to a left handed friend who probably still has it. He posts on here a lot, and will probably see this thread.

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

One of the great things about the Model 12 is the short stock mounting tang. The stock can be removed and the tang bent , the stock inletting changed to move in any direction. Any good wood man can do it. Jeff

6. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

I shot a mod 12 from the left side for years and years long before I even heard of cast on or cast off. I shot it very well and it fit like a glove. I think that not knowing anything about fit was a good thing. Like big John
    Daley (PGA) says "grip it and hit it".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.