1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 question...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chuckles, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckles

chuckles Member

I am new to the Winchester Model 12 and I need to get the Bolt out...I have the trigger out now what is the easiest way to get the bolt out, any help will be appreciated...

The gun is pre 1964... a 1961 gun

Thanks

Chuck

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Go down inside the bottom and pull the ejector out . It,s held in by a spring but be gentel . Then push the bolt back lifting the back of the bolt out.

ALF

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

On the left side of the receiver located just behind the bolt is the ejector spring. It has to be pried out of the round cut out in the receiver. Then slide and lift the bolt at the same time toward the rear of the receiver. It should come out by working it slowly, back and upwards. Hap

4. chuckles

chuckles Member

Thanks guys, will give it a try...

regards

5. chuckles

chuckles Member

OK I've got the spring backed ejector out that was on the left side of the receiver but I cannot lift the bolt out when it is all the way to the rear of the receiver, it will lift about an 1/8" but won't come further...

The pump slide is still connected, I haven't touched that yet, should I...?

it seems like the pump slide arm or linkage might be connected to something on the bolt...?

the bolt seems totally free and is very loose but doesn't want to lift out...

regards

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

You should of removed the barrel first . With the barrel off the bolt will be in battery then if you look at the bottom of the bolt on the left side is a small catch And that is holding the bolt in battery , With a small pick just push the catch back from the reciver and the bolt is free .

ALF

7. chuckles

chuckles Member

I don't see it, unless it is actually on the bolt side at the opening in the receiver...?

otherwise I don't see anything to push...

regards

8. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Part number 33 is what you have to move, it pivots on a pin. Move it in with a knife blade so that neither end prevents the bolt from being removed from the receiver. If you are still having trouble I'll try to scan a picture from my manual tomorrow as it is in the shop and I am not.

<a href="http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f326/dancingbear12/?action=view┬Ąt=ipb-winchester-12.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The part your looking for is under the op-rod on the bolt .

10. chuckles

chuckles Member

Exactly as Big Dave says, thank you mission accomplished, bolt removed...

thanks Alf

thanks Big Dave...

Regards

11. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

If you don't know the answer to a question simply don't answer. A few of you guys didn't tell him about the bolt lock or part 33 as shown above and most likely didn't know yourselves. Gun clubs are full of people giving advice about things they don't know about, we don't need it here too!!!!!!!! I'm just a dumb farm kid don't know much don't give alot of advice but I know a model 12

12. chuckles

chuckles Member

I can take apart and reassemble a Super X Model 1 blindfolded but know diddly about the Model 12 and 42...

I have been in Super X1's for years and now moving sideways into Model 12's and Model 42's...

I am rejeweling the Bolt and Carrier on my new Model 12 and that is why I need to disassemble...

thank you for all the great assistance...

regards

13. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Chuckles. Whos going to do the jeweling for you?..I was thinking of doing the same thing. Thanks.

Regards...Gerald

14. chuckles

chuckles Member

Gerald, I do my own...I would do a Model 12 Bolt for $30.00 and the Carrier for $30.00 also...$60.00 total, you pay mail cost's ... 1 week turnaround...email if interested.
    I can email pictures...

thanks

Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.