1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 question???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by over the hill, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I got a new spring kit for my model 12 from Stu Wright this week and Ill be darn if I can remember which way the Action Slide lock lever screw comes out.

Anyone know if it is right or left thread.? Its on really tight and so far either way yields no results.

Thanks...Gerald

2. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

The slide lock screw is right hand thread, the carrier pivot screw is left hand thread.

3. rescuemn

rescuemn TS Member

Hi I have a trapshooter friend that bought a Model 12 and is looking for a site to download a repair manual. Anyone know of such a site?

Pat

4. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Brownell's and Nu-Line sell them but I am not aware of anywhere that you can download one.

5. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

You need to remove the follower which is just one screw (LH thread), remove the hammer which is held in by a push pin, remove the trigger which is also held in by a push pin, don't loose the hammer return spring which is held into the trigger by a friction fit and this will let you get at a small slot type screw (RH thread) that holds in the action locking lever. The action locking springs will be staked or punched in place. Tap them out and restake in the new springs then cut to length if needed :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.