1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

model 12 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shoot em all, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

I have a Y model trap that seems to hang up if you pull on forearm when pulling trigger. If you push or don't pull it seems to operate ok. thanks for any advice. I am about ready to make a tomato stake out of it. jim w.

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

You are putting pressure on the disconnect. The newer pump guns had a designed disconnect in the pump assembly. They do not to work like the old ones. You have to put pressure -forward- on the forearm to have it work properly. The Y model is designed this way.

Good luck,

Ajax

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I assume you are dry firing? The recoil will allow the disconector to work. If dry firing you will have to hold or push forward on the forearm. Jeff

4. todddietrich

todddietrich Active Member

Shoot Em,
    I bought a model 1912 circa 1914. The Model 12 before 1919. I had a similar problem. I took it to Stu Wright in Pickneyville, IL and 20 minutes later all was fixed. I had a broken spring. When you slide the forearm forward, you should hear a light click as the spring sets. Stu made the spring for me while I watched. He then replaced all the springs, just because it was that old of a gun. I was expecting a $100 bill, but was shocked at $40 parts and all.

Stu is the guy.

regards,

Todd (Illinois)

5. racer

racer TS Member

Timing spring issue. They are one or two straight springs on the release button side of the trigger. My trap gun has two, I have an old field gun for parts but it only had one (?) A model 12 will fire while pulling on the forearm, it will fire while closing the action if you don't let go of the trigger. Try it- it's cool for skeet too! Dan

6. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

I took it out again Sunday and cycled fine for about a box then action locked up. shot light 1oz load. I have tried diff triggers and no luck. I am at a loss and have not planted tomatoes yet. Jim w

7. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

jim look at the end of the slide bar and also the end of the action slide lock. i am sure that somewhere between these 2 r your problem. i assume you do not have broken slide lock springs there are 2 and they are straight they dont look like a spring. possible these r weak . call if u like and we can talk u thru a few things. howard 815 478 4966

8. targetshooter

targetshooter Member

send it to me and i will send you two tomato stakes and a package of seeds in trade i hate to see a gun burried in sand

9. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

Thanks for advice and offers. I will take Howards advice when we get back from camping. Old guns shoots good and if I can't get it going I will possibly give it a free trip to see Phillip next month. Jim W.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

model 12 trap trigger pull too light