1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 Pigeon Grade Trap Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by winchesterAA, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

Today i came across a Model 12 12 ga Factory Pigeon Grade for sale.. Its a 30 inch Milled Rib 2 Pin Full choke, Factory #5 engraved It has a "B" Carved forend and a Anton stock, Gun is in 98 to 99% condition, Also with it comes another 30 inch Milled Rib 2 Pin Full Choke barrel assembly with a "B" Carved forend But it is not numbered at all Neither is it engraved, It is a beautiful gun despite the mis matched stock and forend, the price on the gun is $4995 But it was offered too me for $3800 Does this sound like a good deal? Thanks Richie

2. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

WinchesterAA,

It doesn't have much value as a collector. It's a shooter and a very pretty one at that. If it is worth $3800 to you so you can shoot it and look at it then it is a good deal. If you are buying it to make money on it I wouldn't recommend it.

jim brown

3. ol 12 shooter

ol 12 shooter TS Member

If you like it and want one then buy it, don't let other opinions sway you. To bad the other barrel set wasn't a IM..

ol 12

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

You'd have a tough time getting your money out of it at 3800. Also, remember there are a lot of after market pigeons out there. Are you sure it's factory? Most factory onees had outstanding wood or even A or B carved. Hard to believe somebody would put Anton on and not keep the orig w/ the gun.

5. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

HItapair,
    The story i got on this gun is this... It belonged to a Doctor whom recently passed away, I had asked the dealer about the wood. He said he is selling the gun as part of the mans estate , The "B" carved stock might be somewhere in his home, he is not sure. The forend on the gun is "B" carved and so is the other one on the 2nd barrel assembly.. I Thank everyone for there input

6. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

#5 engraving should be on the barrels also.

7. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

OK here is my take on the gun. With standard Pigeon non engraved guns without an extra set of barrel's bringing $2500 dollars and up, this gun if factory engraved is worth the money. Sell the extra barrel and front end and you will have enough money to replace the stock. Then with $3800 dollars in a #5 pigeon gun you will be in good shape. The serial number can provide info to determine if its factory. If I can help, let me know. Jeff

8. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

Yes the barrel is engraved , The second set of barrels is not, and not numbered too the gun, as a matter of fact the second set is not numbered at all , But it is complete with a "B" carved forend and a 30 " milled rib 2 pin full choke.. The problem is finding a pre 64 "B" carved stock.. I dont know the serial number off hand , I know it starts with 17xxxxx I think its 1959 Vintage Richie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.