1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MODEL 12 PIGEON GRADE, OR BLACK DIAMOND GRADE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    I NEED THE HELP OF ALL YOU MODEL 12 EXPERTS. please settle a friendly argument at the waukesha gun club. which model 12 is worth more, a model 12 pigeon grade trap, or a model 12 black diamond grade trap? also which grade is more rare? also, was there only one pigeon on the pigeon grade, which way is the pigeon facing? also where are the black diamonds on the diamond grade? did the black diamond grade ever come with a monte carlo stock from the winchester factory?
    thanks,
    steve balistreri

2. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

to answer your question about which is worth more would depend on cond. of gun & gauge. the head of the pigeon faces towards the barrel end. the black diamond is near where the stock mounts to the receiver on each side of the stock. yes there is a factory black diamond monte carlo stock. i have one in my safe.. hope this helps. dwain

3. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

Hey I have a Blk.Diamond 2bbl set for sale .30in full & 26in skt .The 12ga bbl and Recv.were reblued before I got it .Im located in Northern IL .Im looking to get 3000.00 for it .If you know anyone looking for one contact me .847 533 8068

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

The trouble is establishing the real ones from the frauds. If it is a factory original in excellent condition, the BD would be rarer and IMHO more valuable then a standard pigeon trap.

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

THe pigeons feet are standing just above the serial number with the beek pointing left. The black diamond was a wood upgrade done to all trap grade guns. All the stocks had custom dimensions on Trap grade guns and the black diamonds were inlaid just behind the receiver to indicate this. The Pigeon grade guns were all hand honed to make it operate as slick as possible then the bolt and lifter were jeweled unless ordered without the jeweling and then upgraded custom wood was made to custom specs and the pigeon was engraved on the receiver extension. It was possible to order a trap grade pigeon that would have had the black diamonds. Plain Pigeon grades and Black diamonds are not far apart when in excellent condition. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.