1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 info needed, Please

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by uawelder, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uawelder

uawelder TS Member

My father has a model 12 that he is looking to restore/reconfigure to as delivered from the factory, condition. Serial # 1336xx, barrel stamped; nickel steel wichester model 12 mod fgm. It has walnut wood with red rubber recoil pad & 11.5" checkered forearm. Was looking for year of manufacture and if this is the correct wood on this shot gun. oh forgot plain barrel with brass bead.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance in this matter. Lee

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

The long forend was an option from the factory in the early years I like them! Jeff

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Is it a 16ga?

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Like bigbore613-- little thing Jeff knows--

actually anything was an "option" but not sure this wasnt just a standard hardware store gun (which doesnt make it any less valuable to you- )

Gene

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

With a plain barrel ,could have been a hardware store gun. The point I was making about the forearm is that after serial number 600,834 Winchester went to the shorter beavertail forend so even if the 11 inch forend is plain ,it is very rare. Oh yes Gene, I will have to say that after all these years in the gun Biz you never say never to what the guys in the custom shop would do. Jeff

6. uawelder

uawelder TS Member

Yes it is a 12ga. Thanks for all of the info. My dad called up asking if i could get him a forearm with the grooves in it for his 12. He said thats what a guy told him he needed cause that forearm that he had on it along with the red rubber recoil pad were not factory original. Thanks again for all of your help. Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.