1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 Idea of value?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GBatch_25, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

A friend has a Model 12 serial # 1930527. I don't have any pix yet, but can take some. He gave me the gun to clean and possibly try to sell. My inspection reveals that it has been shot very little - the mag tube has almost no wear on it. It is a 26" vent rib skeet model with the barrel marked WS-1. Original wood, original Winchester butt plate. It's been stored in a gun case for a long time. When I took it out to clean it and took it apart, there was still some yellowish-brown residue from the original factory grease on the joined parts of the gun. As a result of the long term storage, there are some small (the size of a '0' on a keyboard) rust spots on the bluing. They appear to be more on the surface and my guess is they can probably be buffed off and then cold blued. Also a few small nicks where the joined parts come together and that metal slide goes from the upper into the lower (sorry, I don't know what it's called). Overall the gun is in nice shape, the wood is nice wood, with nice checkering, and not cracked or worn. The action is what I would call stiff, probably from not being used a lot. Anyway, I am no Model 12 expert, but there are some here, so without pix and based on my description, what do you guys think this is worth?

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Gene:
    The model 12 is a 1964 year of manufacturer.
    Please send pictures to my email.
    I would be interested in making a fair offer.
    Regards,
    Dave Swerdlin

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I would also like some pics and will make an offer. My email is pheasantmaster at sbcglobal.net

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Hello Gene, Some pics would help determine the style of vent rib and that is one of the major features in figuring the value. The gun is a 1962 manufacture and that year is the transition year of the factory ribs from the doughnut base , round post and the last, the three pin. Please send pics and will be glad to help. Jeff

5. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

In 1970 I passed up one of these new in the box for $250.00 in a Lawton OK pawn shop. I did not pass up the used trap or the two barrel set field gun. Can't remember exactly what I paid, but is was around $400 for the pair. Wish I had them back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.