1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 Help Please!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have the opportunity to purchase a Model 12 32 inch full choke monte carlo stock, plain barrel at what I would say is 85 pct. The asking price is $400.00 but while examining the gun I found that when fired the action slide does not release to cycle shells. Would this be expensive to fix? I am mechanically inclined but have never worked on a model 12. I know that most pump guns have a action slide lock in the trigger assembly area. Would this be difficult to replace? Do you think this gun is worth $400.00? I was just going to buy it because I used one growing up and have a lot of fond memories hunting with one. Thanks for your response. Jackie B.

2. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

At that price, buy it. The battery lock may be tight but would function under recoil. Stu Wright is the best M 12 guy around. He could fix this minor problem. The lever to the left of the trigger guard and to the rear should rotate upward. If this lever is too short the gun will fire when the bolt is not in battery(locked)if it is too long you will have to push the forearm forward to open the gun. Really a simple fix, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I would think that the price is fair if the condition is as you say ... The fix is not a big deal and most gunsmiths can fix it, the cost should be reasonable for such a fix and you will have a nice gun for many years to come ... I would also have them look at the head space to make sure its not loose which could cause problems also when trying to open it after firing a shell ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Thanks guys, I haven't used a model 12 since I was about 13 yrs old so have forgotten a lot in the last 48 years. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.