1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 Help - Looking for...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dberman, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dberman

dberman Member

I need the name and phone number for a guy I met at Pine Valley Gun Club-South NJ. who has many model 12s.,(22) to fix a trigger problem. He looked at my gun for another problem and corrected it. Any help appreciated or recommend someone else. Thanks, David

2. fishguts

fishguts Member

What is the problem,...maybe we can figure it out right here on the threads.

Wayne

3. dberman

dberman Member

My model 12 is a pull trigger. However it won't fire when trigger is pulled... when you let go of the trigger the gun fires. I've taken the gun apart and it seems OK. However, I cannot remove the trigger assembly where I believe the problem may be...just a guess. I also find that the safety is hard to engage and vice-a-versa. All this started after the gun was reblued! Prior to this the gun performed well. I suspect it may also be the firing pin...maybe. But the trigger assmbly after removal of the screw will move only so far and when trying to pull it out will not bugde. Any advice will greatly appreciated, and thank you all in advance. David.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

David,

The trigger might be a convertable trigger which is pull if the safety is moved one way and a release if its moved the other way ... I think Spears and Timney made these for Model 12's ... You might have something and not even know you have it ... I would have who ever reblued it take a look at it and see if he or she can figure it out ... I have a trigger like I mentioned, Spears made the one I have ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. fishguts

fishguts Member

When a M12 is re-blued, usually the trigger is taken apart so the trigger housing can be blued. Then the trigger is put back together. I had a rib and re-blue done by Moneymaker last year or so and when I got the gun back the trigger wouldn't work. Sent the trigger back, but when I got it back again it still wouldn't work properly.

If your trigger isn't a convertable like the above post mentions then the problem is most likley the trigger has been put back together improperly. Since you can't remove it would make me think that the trigger was just jammed back in after bluing.....MHO.

Wayne

6. kirbythegunsmith

kirbythegunsmith Member

I can rework the Winchester Model-12 trigger assemblies that have mechanical issues, whether in need of a minor tweak or a major rebuild. I improve the parts meshing and smoothness for those shooters that want something to work better than what was expected as normal function.

Most times I can rework the original parts if no extreme abuse or broken sections are the cause of the problems. I have new and decent used parts to lower costs whenever possible, but the most economical way is to renew/rebuild the original parts.

Simple reworks can have rapid completion.

Kirby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.