1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 Gauge Coversion Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike K P, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

I would like to have any information anyone has on having a Model 12 converted to a different gauge. I have a 16ga. with a Simmons rib and monte carlo stock I'm looking to have converted to a 28ga sometime in the future when my finances allow.

I know Roger Eubanks builds his own barrels but I think another way it's done is by sleeving the barrel. Any info,opinion,experience, or even a picture would be appreciated. Thanks. Mike.

2. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

In all honesty,save your money and just buy a Browning repro. There are plenty of 28 gauges out there and to tell the truth,I had a repo Browning and could not really tell any diff.from a winchester mod. 12. Just one mans opinion. Good luck..Ray

3. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

I have thought of that Ray. I used to have one of the Browning's and liked it a lot. The thing that appeals to me with the conversion is having a longer barrel since this would be a target gun. Although the Browning would probably cost less. Thanks. Mike.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The Browning mod 12 in standard grade is a way under priced gun to hunt with. The quality is there too

5. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Browning M12 has a trigger interrupter which was never on a Win.. While the 16, 20 &28 all used the same receiver, stock & other numerous parts. Any knowledgable M 12 guy can tell that a gun is factory or not. You can find some 20s that have been sleeved to .28 which would be a little less expensive than rebarreling. The old joke test was to fill the mag with dummys, if you could empty the mag without a jam, it was not a factory gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.