1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***Model 12 For Sale****

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by biff, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

I took this Model 12 in on a trade and have no intention of shooting trap with it, even though it appears to be a winner! This is around a 1953 model and someone must have really liked it as they had a "Broadway Rib" and a beautiful custom stock installed.

I did shoot it a couple of practice rounds and its full choke completely obliterated the targets. I am unsure if the barrel has had any custom work done as it's dimensions appear stock, but may have had something done to the forcing cone as it had very light recoil. There is an old small hairline crack on the stock near the receiver as shown in the pictures. The stock is a righthanded rollover with about 14 1/4" length of pull.

Price is $800 plus shipping to your FFL. This wide ribbed beauty will certainly level the playing field in your competition with the "Big Dogs"! Thanks for looking, Biff @ 270-991-1015 or PM me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

Not sure of the reasoning behind the "Broadway Rib", but they sure were more popular than now. May have been due to more people in the past shooting with one eye and tracking the targets, I've heard several shooters talk about their "Broadway Brownings" and how they annihlated targets with them. In fact I don't know of anyone who installs this type of rib or if they could be purchased anymore, but I have a feeling the cost would be high. The balance of this gun felt great with this rib and actually seemed to improve the pointability.

Model 12s used to be King at the trapshoots in the 50's and 60's, if you didn't shoot with one, you usually were in the also rans. I know a man in Ohio County who has been shooting the same Model 12 and only it since 1967, you should hear people groan when he shows up as they know they'll be shooting for second place!

I wish I knew more of the history of this fine and much cherished shotgun, bet it could tell some great trap shooting stories! Thanks for looking. Biff

3. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

One last post on this beautiful gun, guns like this don't happen by very often.

My dad used to shoot trap when I was very young, he quit when World War II started. He shot it very well with his hunting gun, a Remingtom Model 11, which I have and cherish to this day. A couple of years ago I was cleaning it and took the butt pad off and I found a handwritten note by him in the stock. He gave the date he purchased it, September 11, 1927 and when he killed his first quail with it on October 8th that same year.....it was if he had written that to me, his only son.

It was interesting that he never owned or shot trap again after the war, possibly he would have done so with a Model 12. Now my Uncle Cleve did and he shot a Model 12 up till 1972 when his wife bought him one of those new fangled guns people started shooting the BT 99s. The irony of my uncle shooting trap was I didn't know that he shot trap and I only lived about 40 minutes from Vandalia....I knew he went to Ohio to shoot, but I thought he was shooting rifles and pistols at Camp Perry since he was a Navy Veteran. The first year I shot trap 2001, I ran into a man who owned the BT99, it was in terrible shape, he refused to sell me that gun, the only gun I have regretted not getting to own. My uncle never ever mentioned shooting trap to me before he died after I started shooting, I know I thought of him many times being at Vandalia when I started shooting and had visions of him on various traps and places there. My aunt gave me his 100 straight pin he won at the Ky. State Shoot when I broke my first 100 there, I treasure that more than my own.

Someone will surely get a nice old gun, made the year I graduated from High School! Biff

4. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Biff are you interested in any trades?

5. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

Thanks everyone, this one is sold and going to Michigan!

6. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

Sorry Sprinkleman, didn't see your post but the gun sold outright, Thanks. Biff

7. Dirtyharry357Mag

Dirtyharry357Mag Member

0   0   0

Thanks Biff
    Enjoyed talking with you very much.. Hope the gun shoots as good as it looks.
    Thank you very much for the great deal on the Great looking remington 1100.

And the very nice looking mod. 12 I will take good care of them and enjoy will shooting them..

Best wishes, Hope you have a great year...Harry
    P.S. Enjoyed reading your stories..

8. Michael

Michael Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The serial number is from 1954.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.