1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

model 12 for sale

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tcr1146, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Okay boys, here we go again! Model 12 trap gun built in 1949-1,227,xxx. 2 pin milled rib, unaltered barrel (between .685 and .690 as best I can measure with vernier calipers. I borrowed Riffle book and Madis book and here is what my research turned up! It has 3 diamond forearm which according to the books was the proper wood for pigeon wood! Monte Carlo buttstock with steel grip cap. Here is where it gets confusing. According to the books, the plain steel grip cap was not listed til 1952. It also has the "proper" Winchester ventillated recoil pad! However, the books do not list this pad til 1962. It also has jewelled bolt and carrier/lifter, whatever you call it! I bought this gun from a good friend who bought it used in 1965! He is certain it was not reblued before he got it and definitely not after he bought it. He also says this wood and pad was on it when he bought it in 1965. The only flaw I can find is a hairline crack in the buttstock joining the receiver. I do not know how to rate a gun this old but I would easily rate it at 95 %. $1025 and I will pay shipping to USA. If serious interest, I will get pics and email them to you! Tom Rhoads

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Up for just a swell guy ?

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

MC buttstock on a gun that old is pretty rare. Throw in the steel grip cap and 3 diamond forend and I'd say it's replacement.

4. tcr1146

To Hitapair: That is what my research indicated. I have a feeling with the ventillated Winchester butt pad and steel grip cap, a previous owner changed out the wood and put on pigeon wood! Cannot prove it, but that is what the indications are! Tom Rhoads

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Does the checkering pattern in the pistol grip have a flair in it as opposed to the typical continuous curved edge?

6. tcr1146

7. tcr1146

Guys,
    I now have pics for whomever needs! Or, if someone would be so kind to post, I would email to them! Thanks, Tom Rhoads

8. tcr1146

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.