1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 Experts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

From many days long gone by I remember my Dad used to shoot a very nice Pigeon Model 12 trap gun. As I recall it even had a matching serial number skeet barrel. He sold it long ago without me having a chance to acquire it. Since then I've always wanted a nice Mdel 12 - doesn't have to be a Pigeon but that would be a bonus.

What has primarily kept me from acquiring one is not having the knowledge to know what I might be purchasing. I see and hear of 2 pin and 3 pin models as well as the many and various other nuances that makes the difference between a great,good,average, or junk gun. i.e. original bluing or reblued, simmons or Winchester rib, etc. There always seems to be a lot of discussion anytime one of these guns comes on here for sale - and by the time I even begin to think of a question or two someone else has already recognized "the real thing" at a reasonable price and quickly purchased it or the gun ultimately doesn't sell because it determined to be a "made up" gun.

How or where do I acquire the knowledge to be able to recognize/determine a gun isn't cobbled toghether ? Reference material or . . . . . ?

Thanks in advance.

2. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Try Dave Riffle, in Ft. Myers, Florida. Hes been collecting/dealing in Model 12's forever. His number is 239.275.5869. His e-mail is DaveRiffle@earthlink.net. He also authored a great book on Model 12's, just FYI........Rob

3. onlym12's

onlym12's TS Member

I second Dave Riffle.

Thank's, Mike

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Are you looking for a "shooter" or a collection piece?

2 pin, 3 pin, factory original, Simmons, Moneymaker differences are are for those who are trying to pick the fly sh1t out of the pepper.

If you want one just to shoot ... they are all good. Mod 12s are like the VW Beetle ... they never wear out, you just replace whatever gets worn ... and they will live forever!

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Give this one a new home, Nickel steel serial # 386XXX, 30 inch barrel, .730 bore ... .036 restriction (choke) ...LOP 14 3/8 , Roll Over stock ... Action is tight and works well ... Needs a little bluing work on barrel , can have complete gun blued for $100.00 ... $1,200.00 or best offer to your FFL ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
    wpt_2008_0303_1109.jpg

wpt_2008_0303_1110.jpg

wpt_2008_0303_1112.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.