1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 Duck gun?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pheasantmaster, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

Yes.

They shoot very well.

Cycle 2.75 shells as well as a gun that specifically is designed for them (ie regular field or trap, etc version) provided that condition is good with all appropriate functioning parts of mechanism in good working condition.

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Bobby, if you're looking for a very rare one (and expensive), I have one I might sell. 32" solid rib barrell and the gun is in excellent+ condition.

3. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Bobby, I have had mine (3") for 30 years and while it's a well made gun, when shooting the 3" shells, it frequently will not chamber the second shot. This is not a problem of the shells (have tried many) and when popular in the duck blind many years ago, this second shot issue alway came up. If looking for one to shoot trap with, they are fine. Model 12's have always had excellent factory chokes...just make sure the one you get has not been altered/opened.

4. larryjk

larryjk Member

HItapair. I also have a 32" solid rib Model 12 duck gun. I also have the 2 3/4"
    30"solid rib Model 12. What do you consider expensive? Just curious.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Solid rib model 12 ducks were the standard- I usually see them go for $500 dollars plus or minus 100 dollars

32 inchers are just slightly more valuable

Now the ventilated rib ones are the rare ones

Gene

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

hitapair - email me a price with a photo if you are really wanting to sell

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Gene, I'll buy all the Mint original condition 32" Duck guns you can come up w/ for a whole lot more than the $500 you stated. $500 won't come close to getting you a mint 30".

8. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i sold a 30 in. plain barrel 3in duck gun that had been reblued great cond not beat up for $650 .i would think an all original 32 in. solid rib would be worth quite a bit more dwain

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Hitapair, once you get your fill of those, I'll take a few too!! Hap

10. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Glad to share them w/ you Hap. I'm sure Gene will be delivering more than I have storage space for.

11. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

I have two and they shoot very nicely. Don't want to carry one quail hunting but they will reach out and knock down ducks. Both of mine have very full chokes and I don't shoot steel through them, bismuth is pretty expensive but it does work. BTW mine are not for sale.

Mike

12. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

If you are into 'pot shoots' ....there is nothing like a 3" Win Mod 12 duck gun!
    They will reach waaaaay out there with #4s and #6s!

Maybe that's why I hav4 6 of them!

13. tbuster

tbuster Member

I looked for a solid rib for quite awhile and ended up paying $900.00 for mine. It is over ninety percent and I couldn't find a lot of them around.

14. map@neo

map@neo Member

If anyone out there has serial number 1,600,000 ("on the nose")and it's for sale, I would like to own it again. Model 12 Duck, 3" with 30" solid rib, full. I was foolish and sold it approx 20 years ago. What a "crow killing"
    machine!!! I'll never forget that gun or serial number.
    Thanks.

MAP

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I've owned this 3 inch gun for several years and it's a smokin machine! A field model with a Simmons rib and nice wood. Hap

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

16. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Winchester Model 12 Duck 12 Gauge

Cal./Gauge: 12 Gauge
    Chamber(s): 3"
    Barrel(s): 30" Ventilated Rib
    Choke(s): Full
    Weight: 9 Lbs. 4 Ozs.
    Sights/Scope: Dual Beads On Vent Rib
    Stock: Uncheckered Walnut Pistol Grip
    Stock Dimensions: LOP 13 7/8"
    Fore End: Full Round Grooved Walnut
    Butt/Pad: Red Rubber Black Sheep Recoil Pad
    Metal Condition: Fair
    Wood Condition: Fair
    Bore Condition: Good

This Winchester model 12 Duck 12 gauge shotgun's barrel shows some white spots perhaps due to game fluids, and the shell tube shows considerable white due to slide operation. The receiver is flaking quite a bit and shows white in carry area. The walnut pistol grip stock has what appears to be a crack running down on the left hand side. There does not seem to be any weakening of the stock or flex in this area at all.
    Price: $1299.00
    Reference Number: 500926

* For purchase information, please contact: Post Falls, ID *
    Phone (208) 777-6310 • Fax (205) 777-6336 • pfgl@cabelas.com

17. Rip12

Rip12 TS Member

Love the model 12 3" heavy duck solid matte rib!
    This was the first gun I duck and goose hunted with. My biological father had one, now he is AWOL for about 15 years and so is the gun; his was 100% condition at the time.

I purchased one about 3 years ago with a 30" solid matte rib. I would say a rating of 90-95%, a previous owner did not realize that blood takes off bluing and there is a finger print up at the top of the barrel.
    I paid 900.00, mainly because of my childhood love for them and they are getting harder and harder to find in good condition and orginal. Mine is orginal down to the butt pad. I shoot bismuth (reload) out of it for ducks and geese ocassionaly.
    These guns are WAR-HORSES; as most people know.
    I also shoot a 1927 model 12 30" nickle steel solid matte rib. This is the 2/ 3/4 chambers. It is all original field model with minimal blueing wear; rare for the nickle steel that old. Great duck gun; I also shoot that using bismuth. Damn thing from afar looks like a 20 guage. The frame is smaller than the ones made after WWII.

Love the model 12!
    Matt Riplinger

What I think are two American classics, I own them of both, Remington model 3200 Magnum and the Winchester Model 12 Magnum. Both chambered for 3".

Semper Fi!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.