1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

****Model 12 Disassembly ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Em, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

I am sure this is in the archives but I have slow service

How do I get the breechblock out of my model 12?

It comes all the way back and tips as if to come out but seems that the extractors are holding it in

thanks in advance

2. slickrc

slickrc TS Member

reach up in and depress ejector spring

3. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Take your trigger out---Take barrel off--Turn reciever upside down----Take a small pointed screwdriver and pry the ejector out which is on the right side of reciever behinh the bolt as it is upside down, very easily, it does not take much pressure at all------ slide ejector out rearward (it is V shaped). --- take screw driver and move the locking rear locking lug inward (where slide attaches) it is located on right of the bolt as it is upside down on the right side--- slide bolt rearward and lift out rear first. Assemble in reverse order. Let me know if you have trouble.

4. Bridger

Bridger Member

I have another question to go along with this. The only owners manual for a Model 12 I have seen says nothing about taking out the bolt. How often should it be done? I have talked to some owners who say they rarely take it out.

5. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Thanks, I will try it

My trouble is the gun won't feed a second shell from the tube when held in in a horizontal position; the shell comes up on the elevator and starts to slide up into the breechface but is usually 1/8 inch forward of the breechface and it jams into the extractors. If I tip the gun up at an angle, the shell slides back a bit and it feeds

Any ideas?

6. AdamsRibs

AdamsRibs TS Member

Bruce,
    Drop me an email at my email address listed above (drop the leading 'z') and I'll
    send you some pictures and instructions on how to remove the bolt. I assume that is what you mean when you refer to the 'breechface'..... As stated by 'slickhead', it is not terribly difficult. It's actually more difficult (for me, at least) to get it back together. The darned ejector spring give me fits when I try to get it back behind the bolt....

Adam

7. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Can I get a copy of those pictures also? I have a model 12 apart on the bench right now and may need to reference those pictures when I put it back together. Thanks

8. AdamsRibs

AdamsRibs TS Member

To OmahaSportingSupply,

Check your email, pictures sent.

AdamsRibs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.