1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 disassembly question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leftex, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftex

leftex Active Member

I need to remove the forend from the magazine tube. I know I've done this before, but don't remember how. CRS? It's been a few years. I now have an assembly that consists of the action bar and wood along with the magazine tube.
    I'm stumped. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Wayne

2. fishguts

fishguts Member

Wayne, you must unscrew the ring at the front of the forearm, the ring that has the two square notch's. There is a tool that fits these notch's and loosens the ring so it can be turned. Sometimes the ring is loose enough that you can turn it by hand without the tool.

Wayne

3. leftex

leftex Active Member

Wayne,

I have the tool somewhre in my garage. 106F keeps me from spending much time out there. LOL. How do I separate the action slide from the magazine tube?

Thanks,
    Wayne

4. fishguts

fishguts Member

Once the forearm ring is off just pull the forearm and action slide to the rear of the mag. tube. You may have to twist it a little to pull it off. The forearm ring is what is preventing you from pulling the forearm and slide off.

5. leftex

leftex Active Member

Wayne,
    Now that I think about it. Your suggestion makes perfect sense.
    Thank you,
    Wayne

6. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

If the action slide tube is really stuck, you can drive it out toward the rear using an old mag tube with the slide spring removed. It's easy to crack the for end using any other method. Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.