1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 assembly help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hardcsh, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardcsh

Hardcsh Member

I just purchased and received a beautifully stocked Model 12 Trap gun. It arrived apart and the bolt was loose (not closed) in the reciever. The barrel fit on the receiver perfectly however the forearm would not engage and operate the action. As a novice, I have noticed my other Model 12 has to have the bolt closed with the forearm forward before removing it the barrel assembly from the reciever and the bolt stays closed until I reassemble.
    Can anyone help me assembly this Model 12 ?

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Just shove the bolt forward, it should lock in.

3. Hardcsh

Hardcsh Member

I've took the trigger assy out and held the bolt up in place and then assembled the barrel. Everything is working .

4. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Next time you have it apart, use a little light grease on the operating rod where it engages the breech bolt.

This area gets a lot of use and needs lubrication. A very small amount will do.

Regards.....Gerald

5. wackdux

wackdux TS Member

Old man advise before you take barrel off pull trigger and drop the hammer. I will hold the bolt in place and assembly will be easy.

6. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

I've learned to leave the safety on and the bolt locked in place when breaking down a M12. It's a real pain to have to remove the trigger assembly and place the bolt back in its proper place before I can re-assemble the gun.

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

With the trigger out, slide the bolt forward from thye bottom and then take a small screw driver and slide the lock on the bolt, then the bolt will not be loose. You must have the forearm slide out of the reciever, but Bbl Installed.

After you do the above then slide the forearm into the reciever and it should slip into place, then turn the magazine tube and push the pin into place.

The shell ejector should be in place, It slips in behing the bolt.

Install trigger assy.

It should be a go now.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

What Model Number 12 says. Cock the gun, close the bolt, and engage the safety before you disassemble the gun. If you disassemble with the hammer down the chances are good that you will have to remove the fire control and reposition the bolt before the gun will go together correctly. A time-consuming PITA at best.

9. rick resko

rick resko TS Member

if anyone needs it i have the old disassembly/reassembly instructions for the M-12 and M-94. i could scan and email them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.