1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

model 12 advice

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jnoemanh, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

May 20, 2007
    I think you will find the barrel on a M12 is thick enough that Carlsons can put choke tubes in it - abt $200. A nice M12 @ $300 is a good buy. Or you can shoot it with the Cutts or Polychoke as is. They once were popular with trapshooters.
  2. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Jan 29, 1998

Guns equipped with cutts and polychokes were never popular with trapshooters.
    Skeet guns were once equipped with cutts compensators amd I have two model 12 skeet guns that I continue to shoot skeet with.

The muzzle blasts from the cutts were considered objectionable by trap shooters standing to your left and right. Now people port their guns and no one seems to complain.

shooting jack,

Most model 12 people want the serial numbers to match on the receiver and the barrel. The price seems ok if you just want to add a model 12 to your collection and leave it as it is. Makes a good social skeet gun.

I would continue looking for a model 12 with the barrel that you desire. They are out there.

my .03 cents,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.