1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??? Model 12 adj comb ??????????????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by locdoc, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locdoc

locdoc Member

Is there typically enough wood in a model 12 MC stock to have an adjustable comb installed without any concern of the comb cut being too close to the thru bolt hole?

If there are no worries then I would be looking for a qualified installer for the job.

TIA for your responses.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

2. high 2

high 2 Member

Doug, should have plenty of wood to work with. To be sure take the pad off of the stock and look at how deep the draw bolt hole is set. Larry

3. locdoc

locdoc Member

Thanks, Larry. I'll check it out.

Doug

4. Country Squire

Country Squire TS Member

Doug, I put a couple pieces of masking tape on the stock about where the stock bolt goes then I put a dowel in the stock bolt hole the same size as the hole then lay a straight edge even with it upon the stock then you can get a very accurate position of how deep and exactly where the hole is. You can mark the depth and the location this way. Hope this helps George

5. locdoc

locdoc Member

Thanks, George. That's a big help. I can work with that. Probably could have figured it out years ago but my "xray" vision has long since stopped working. he he

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.