1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 3

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by onlym12's, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onlym12's

    onlym12's TS Member

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2007
    Messages:
    161
    I found a 3" Model 12 with a Modified choke, Has anyone seen or heard of this before? It's a true Mod, not an opened up full. HHHMMMMMM!!!!!

    Thanks, Mike
     
  2. bigbore613

    bigbore613 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    4,469
    Mike, I have seen one with an improved mod. Also a 16 gauge 2 pin milled rib gun. The custom shop honored most special orders and made alot of one off pieces. There were some 21's in 24 and 32 gauge in the same set of barrel's. Jeff
     
  3. pheasantsgalore

    pheasantsgalore Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2007
    Messages:
    1,181
    Location:
    Kansas City area
    Mike, Model 12's could be ordered in many combinations. 90% came with usual stock dimensions, barrel lenths, and chokes. The other 10% were ordered by shooters who liked to "experiment" and have even more fun than all the rest. I have two Model 12, 16 ga. One with a factory 30" mod. choke, and another 28" WS1, skeet choked, with factory vent ribs on both. Duck guns are almost always choked full, and Xtra full. You just happened onto a neat old gun someone used over decoying ducks.Rob
     
  4. onlym12's

    onlym12's TS Member

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2007
    Messages:
    161
    Bigbore,

    My father has a 30" full choke IMP/MOD 3" with a solid rib aprox 98-99%, I've only seen one other than his. I just haven't heard of or seen a MOD choked 3" until this one. I sent the guy a check this afternoon for the gun, so if everything goes accordingly it will be in my hands in a week or so.

    Pheasantsgalore,

    I would have to agree with what you say about stumbling upon this gun. Last year my father "stumbled" upon a 26" full choke solid rib also. He told me the last 26" full he saw was 30 years ago, the only difference was that this one has a solid rib, another rare gun I think? (Yeah he bought it) Guess you never know what you might happen to stumble upon in your travels, if your talking old Winchesters.

    Thanks, Mike
     
  5. onlym12's

    onlym12's TS Member

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2007
    Messages:
    161
    P3AT,

    I bet he had to give a little MORE for that one, that sounds pretty rare also. It's interesting to hear all of these unheard of combinations, guess you never know what's around the next corner, gotta keep your eyes wide open.

    Thanks, Mike
     
  6. dbcook

    dbcook TS Member

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2007
    Messages:
    1,157
    i have a 2 pin milled rib gun in the million 550 thousand range choked imp-mod this is also a rare choke on a 2 pin milled rib gun. dwain
     
  7. Whiz Bang

    Whiz Bang TS Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    163
    Last weekend at the Sioux falls South Dakota gun show a dealer had a Model 12 3" duck gun in a Pigeon grade. Still in the original box with all the paper work and unfired. A nice gun but with a asking price of $7.900.00 most everybody just looked.
     
  8. OLD ONE EYE

    OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    3,249
    Location:
    Florida / Idaho
    I just purchased a 3" duck 30" full with a factory donut post vent rib in NC for 650.00 in excelent shape. I checked the choke 40 th thats a real choke just eats them alive at 16 yards put on a set of Anton woood as good as it gets.
    Buddy
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.