1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 28ga?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mnhunter2, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnhunter2

mnhunter2 TS Member

Dec 25, 2009
    I am wondering how the old model 12 28's compare to all the new guns around today?
  2. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

Dec 26, 2008
    I shot all 4 gauges of model 12's and a 42 back in the 60's and loved them. In 69 I went to a 4 barrel Krieghoff and never looked back.
    I sold all of the pumps except the 28ga. and don't have the heart to sell it. It is in a class all by itself and I am not saying it is the best gun made but when you feel it and shoot it you know what I mean. IT IS SPECIAL.

4EVRYOUNG Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Thay are special. I sold my feild grade two years ago way to much profit to turn away been looking back ever since.
  4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    How do they compare? Well... Opinions are like Well... We all know what they are like.

I like 870 28ga pumps better and I like 1100 auto 28ga guns better then the pumps. If you were thinking about buying a true winchester model 12 28ga you can buy a used Perazzi 28ga for the same money if you are looking at buying an original model 12 28ga in excellent original condition.

There are more fake 28ga guns around now then ever before. Be very careful when buying one. The Browning reproduction is an great gun if you just want the look, feel and pointing qualities of the Winchester model 12 28ga for 800.00 bucks or so you can find a used field gun. I have owned 2 of them and were it not for the fixed modifed choke, I would still own one. Lots of things you can do. Jeff
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester model 12 28 ga