1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 20ga. wood

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Berettasskeeter, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berettasskeeter

Berettasskeeter Member

Hey folks, will a stock/forend for a 12ga. Model 12 fit on a standard 20ga. frame? I have a nice, converted, 20ga. skeet gun, but the original stock is way too low, and want to put a monte carlo stock on it, but I never see stocks specifically for 20ga. guns.
    John

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

There are pretty decent repo wood sets for the 20ga. If you are going to the Grand, Elmer should have some and other dealers likely will too.

4. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

Try mid-west gun works,they had browning model 12 wood a while back.

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Twelve gauge Model 12 wood is identical to the 16-20-28 gauge wood in the inletting area except that the 12 gauge wood is higher. You only need to shave or sand the top edge of the wood to make it conform to the receiver. A Model 12 Trap Grade stock is an excellent upgrade for a small frame gun once the high area of the wood is shaped. I apologize for those who give you incorrect information just because "They don't know but must comment.".

6. Berettasskeeter

Berettasskeeter Member

Eightbore, thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind. Sounds simple enough, and I have an accomplished armorer here in Harpers Ferry!
    Semper fi
    John

7. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

good luck with that one!

8. jrbshooter

jrbshooter TS Member

I don't know about the stock, but 12ga foreend will not fit.

9. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Stock...yes with some wood working Skills..makes a Very Nice, Full Sized Hand Full of Wood for the back end. Forend..No. Shoot Well..Shoot Often, Bart

10. Mike

Mike Member

I have a M 12, 20ga, stock set, Original Winchester "B" carved with red Winchester pad. It's been in storage for years, I could dig it out and take pictures if any interest. It won't go cheap, make offers if interested, Mik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.