1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 12 16 gauge

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Model Number 12, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Yes they were made. However make sure that this one is not a "build-up". While it will shoot fine it is not as valuable as an original. Discovery is half the fun. Good luck.

2. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

Denny, I have one that I built up from a field gun. It's a great gauge and there is more and more reloading info becoming available. Mike.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a 16 gauge skeet

the 16 gauge target guns were to shoot in the 12 gauge event by women and boys--(no kidding) that was the market

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Denny, is this a solid rib gun? Or a vent rib? Look for the Winchester proof mark off the left side on the rib toward the back. I like the 16s, way better shotgun than most people think! Hap

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The very first thing I look at when handling a possible buy is; open the bolt and feel the chamber cut-our in the receiver. If you can hang a finger nail on that receiver cut, the gun is fairly worn. Many things play a part in the bolt hammering on the cut. A worn slide bar on the bolt end, being shot quite a lot with the bolt out of time etc. Even so, those can be fixed IF you can buy it right. As such, it certainly wouldn't make the thousand dollar grade for me.

A friend has a 16 ga. model 12 full choke and that thing is amazing with the good patterns it shoots when compared to most 12s! That's with a 1 ounce or 1-1/8 load! Good luck my friend!

Hap

6. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

Lit, please if your not interested let me know where this gun is located. Yes $1000 is high and it may very well bring that in todays market place. You can just PM me or call.

Martin
    785-822-7415

7. twopipe

twopipe Member

buddy here has a 20 ga M-12 marked "Trap"

8. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I have seen Mod 12 20ga trap . I have a mod 12 16ga built up trap that I've had since I was a kid. I have won probably more meat shoots and shootoffs by percentag with the 16 than I have with my regular trap guns.

You would be suprrised what pattern a full 16 holds with a 1oz or 1-1/8 oz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.