1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 1100 Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jbmi, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

On a 1100 will a step rib raise your POI vs. a standard flat rib.
    Will a 30" step rib shoot much difference than a 28" standard rib?

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I'd rate the difference between the two as 50/50 for the flat rib and 60/40 for the step rib.

ss

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    In my experience, no.

I went from a 28" field barrel with a flat rib to a 30" step rib barrel on my 1187, the ribs being identical to the 1100 ribs.

The POI did not change, at least not by any amount I could measure. This is because the front beads are at almost the exact same heights. Keep in mind that a shotgun is like a rifle, but it's missing the rear sight. Your shooting eye becomes the rear sight, so to speak.

Because of that, the only way to change the POI is to raise or lower your eye. To raise the POI you need a taller comb.

Why the step rib then? So that you see less of the rib top with factory trap stocks. This becomes a moot point if you raise the comb higher than the factory comb height.

4. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

If you want to raise your POI for as little as $15.00, remove the Bradley style front bead and replace it with a Site-Science low profile light pipe.
    Lowering the height of the front site will raise your POI enough to notice the difference and the flourescent green lite pipe does help with eye dominance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

model1100 trap