1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mod 12 reducing system ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by southjblue, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Has anyone had sucess with a recoil reducing system on a mod 12---If so what kind and how effective---Thanks---sjb---

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

2 pounds of lead, 1 lb in magazine tube and 1 lb in butt stock. Very effective. HMB

3. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

[​IMG]

Adding weight is effective in felt recoil reduction, however, if the weight is not evenly distributed the balance of the gun may become a real problem! There are several mechanical and hydraulic systems on the market that work.

Here's one of the BEST recoil reducing systems available. The Soft Touch system is available from Shooter's Emporium for about $800. EuroJoe has this Model 12 stock for sale for $495 shipped. It has the recoil reduction system already installed. Just screw it on and you're good to go. I have one on my
    Remington 1100 and there is virtually NO FELT RECOIL!

Contact me or EuroJoe if you're interested.

Smok'n Joe

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Use both HMB and Joe's ideas on your model 12, a pound each way may be too much for your taste but I like the pounds idea with the reducing stock!! Hap

5. teddy34

teddy34 TS Member

What is length of pull on Eurojoe's stock? Or is it adjustable?
    Thanks, Gary Owen

6. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Gary,

I can't measure the LOP exactly without having the stock mounted on a gun,
    but it looks like 14 3/8" with the pad that's on it. Adjusting the LOP is
    very easily done by replacing the pad with anything from 1/4" to 1 1/2" thick with virtually no change in felt recoil.

That's one of the nice benefits of having a Soft Touch recoil reducer!

Smok'n Joe

7. jrb100

jrb100 Member

If you plan on keeping the gun for years to come like I do,have a G-squared recoil system put on the stock.I had one put on my m-12 last fall and love it.You just add the amount of air to the cylinder to what you feel suits your style and load being used.The drawback is it cost me more than I paid for the gun,that is the reason for my first sentence.

joe

8. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Put a mercury reducer or lead weight in the stock draw bolt hole, lengthen the forcing cone and don't shoot Dynamite.
    Lite 1oz. loads[1140 to 1170 FPS] or 2 3/4 dram 1 1/8 loads if you really think you need that much shot.
    Or if you are brave like me 7/8 oz. loads.
    I have been doing this now with my 1955/2 pin rib trap gun for 5 yrs.
    The factory 33 thousandths choke will break any target at just about any distance.

9. rd

rd TS Member

You can also put a mercury reducer in the magazine tube- puts more weight out front and helps the swing dynamics and balance, especially if you already have one in the stock. I've had this setup in my Model 12 for years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.