1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mod 12 question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by striper, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

I recently purchased a mod 12 trigger assembly and have a question about the type of safety on it. I have looked for pictures in the books but have found nothing similar. On the right hand side of the safety there is a lever that you pull up to put the gun on safe and push down to release. Was this a standard feature on the mod 12 during phase of manufacturing? If so what period would that have been ? Jim

2. johnpe

johnpe Member

I've never seen a safety like this on the M12, but Winchester designed the M-1 carbine and it has a similar safety. However, early M-1 carbines had a safety like the standard M12. My guess is that someone liked the carbine safety and had one made or maybe there was someone out there that sold them as an after market item. I'm sure there are people that frequent this forum that can provide a definitive answer.

3. Oldman1949

Oldman1949 Banned User Banned

From the description it sounds like a Crowe (sp?) safty . They were a aftermarket item that was popular in the early 50's .
    You fliped a lever instead of pushing a button .

4. JLW

JLW TS Member

I think I have one around here somewhere. I bought it used from a guy on this board and I do think it was a crowe.-Jerald

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Striper, it was an after-market device. It was particularly useful with people that made pull/release triggers. One position of the safety was a pull trigger and the other was a release. That always seemed like a dangerous idea to me.

Buz

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I have a Super X-1 trigger that has a safety like this. Works fine.

Ken Rucker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.