1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mod 12 question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by leadspreader, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

on guns america there is a mod 12 with a 36" barrel. were these produced as a special order or did they regularly manufacture these guns. i am just curiuos i have never seen one of these. i have seen several 32"models but never a 36!
    (GA Number: 976998075

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

That's a built up card shooting gun. Machined and welded on piece. Hap

3. onlym12's

onlym12's TS Member

There was two of them, one of them sold a little while ago. The one that sold said it was original, but I'm not so sure. I suppose anything could have been ordered through the custom shop though?

Thanks, Mike

4. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

What is card shooting?

5. gunsmith19

gunsmith19 TS Member

winchester never made a model 12 barrel in 36",I've made barrels like it for model 12 and others up to 60" for card, turkey, block shooters ,if it is done properly and reblued its hard to detect,sometimes a customer would call me and say someone at the shoot was complaining that winchester never made a 36" barrel and I would tell them to say their uncle or grandpa had it made in the custom shop so this may be how the seller thinks its a factory barrel,checking the choke and bore usually will confirm it, dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.