1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mod 12 question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by LostPostOne, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostPostOne

LostPostOne TS Member

Ok bought couple field grade models 12s one is a small frame 16 gauge. i have a bunch of the 12s and just collect all i can. Anyway this gun mechanically is solid but blueing is gone. Thinking about sending off and getting rib and new wood (trap style)and blueing and just shooting it. What do the Mod 12 purist think?

Bryan

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

There are lots of built up Mod 12 trap guns. It's yours I say do it

3. LostPostOne

LostPostOne TS Member

I understand that but the 16 gauge is a little less popular.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You sound as if you are looking for someone to talk you out of it. If you are that unsure of the decision, I definitely wouldn't do it.

5. TC

TC TS Member

If you paid $450 for it and then another $450 for the bluing and wood you would have invested $900. After doing that, it will never be worth what you have in it. Properly cared for, you can use it, enjoy it, and it will always be worth $450 or more.

Kind of like buying an original 1700's early American table, refinishing it, and finding out it is now worthless because it has been "restored".

JMHO/YMMV

6. toad67

toad67 Member

Some good advice has been given. M12 purists are just that, they want pure m12's. However if you have some that aren't mint and want to spend the $$ to make them look better then that is up to you. IMO keep what you have, buy some used wood or metal for it, put it together and shoot it. This will give you an idea of what you want. No sense in wasting $$ on trying to redo a M12, you will only lessen the value and pay more to do it. As for the 16 gauge, it is less popular but usually worth more $$. Good luck and have fun.

Todd

7. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Todd, I've never been described as "pure" by anybody.

Thank You. MN12

8. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Wanna sell a 16 guage?

9. johnboy

johnboy Member

Sounds like you are a fan of M12s, go ahead customize the 16 realizing that you will never recoup the expenses but you will have a gun you enjoy.

10. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

u have a pm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.