1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mod 12 help to identify engraver

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by striper, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

I purchased from a dealer in Ca a beautiful mod 12 pigeon grade with great wood and fabulous deep engraving on the receiver. I have looked with a glass for some form of ID but could not find it. This website has so many knowledgeable collectors that I would like to send email to whom ever would be interested in seeing this gun. I would post the pics for everyone but I am just not that good at following the steps they have described here. I have good photos of the entire gun and will send the pics to those would would like to help. I have looked for a longtime to find a Mod 12 as pretty as this one. It does show some wear but that engraving on the receiver will never wear!I hope to have some reconditioning done to it when I can afford it. Thnks Striper This gun is not for sale

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Like to see the pics, Jeff

3. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

might check with angelo bee.he is in so. calif he might know who engraved it.dwain

4. larryjk

larryjk Member

Look that engraving over very carefully with a magnifying glass. Most competent engravers sign their work.

5. zinger

zinger Member

My dad's uncle, Floyd Warren from Ohio used three birds on his engravings. I think they were just made of arc's. He passed away a year or two ago. He engraved many guns, mostly Colt's

6. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

My guess looking at it would be Neil Hartliep, he did a lot of his and this one looks like one of his early engravings.

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

what a beautiful Mod 12 you have there wow. I would agree it looks like the work of Neil Hartliep. I have a book on gun engravers I will look through that this evening to see if theres are engarvers markings for him and where he may have placed them.

8. striper

striper Member

I really appreciate all the help. Does anyone have an idea what this style of engraving would have cost. I am trying to get an idea of what the owner had invested in the fine mod 12. I have found some information about Neil. He was a very well known engraver sort of a classic teacher and craftsman. Thanks to all for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

engraved floyd warren

floyd warren engraver

floyd warren engraver for sale