1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mod 12 3in. befor and after glen rock blue

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by musky, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musky

musky TS Member

You will have to excuse the before pictures, i had to take them off of the pictures i already had. This is a 32 inch mod 12 3 inch gun with vent rib. I called stu wright and told him exactly what the gun was and he told me someone walked into the store and ordered this gun exactly the way it is today. The gun was 65% rust and the wood was a mess. I sent the gun to phyl at glen rock blue. Phyl did all the metal work and rebluing while his wood man wess restored the wood. The pictures give the work no justice as the gun to see with your own eyes is a thing of beauty. I will be sending all of my work to these guys because of the incredible work they do. Also the complete restoration was less than $600.00. I dont think you can beat that price for the quality of work the too men did. Thanks for looking from larry.
    muskie_2010_28125.jpg

muskie_2010_28126.jpg

muskie_2010_28127.jpg

muskie_2010_28128.jpg

muskie_2010_28129.jpg

muskie_2010_281210.jpg

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Great looking old gun!!! A real keeper now!!

Hap

3. fishguts

fishguts Member

Beautiful gun and restoration work. ...I notice the gun has a round post rib, and the paperwork under the "before" photo's show it as a 1937 gun. I don't think anyone was doing round post ribs in 1937...with all due respect to Mr.Wright.

Wayne

4. musky

musky TS Member

I stand corrected. I dont thank i told mr wright the serial number. I just told him it had a 32 inch barrell with a round post rib that said simmons gun specialties- patented, and that it had a red hawkins butt pad. I wasnt trying to imply that i had a super rare gun, just wanted to show everybody what an incredible job glen rock blue did. Sorry for any misunderstanding's. Thanks from larry.

5. fishguts

fishguts Member

Mr.Muskie, please, I was not knocking the gun or any of your info., I enjoy M12's and always look for stories or photo's of the old and the rare. Your M12 is a beaut and a 32" mod 3" is rare. You can be proud to show off this gun anywhere. Thanks for sharing.

Wayne

6. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Not to Rain on Anyones Parade...But I would Question the Safety of Shooting After such Rust Pitting on Barrel as seen in After pic's...Look's Awful Deep to Me. Just my Safety 2 Cents. Shoot Well...Shoot Often, Bart

7. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Had Phil do a 32" duck gun with solid rib that I rescued from a pawn shop. It was such a work of art I could not take it out in hostile environment we duck hunt in. He is an artist.

8. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

That is an amazing job. I am bookmarking their site for future work. Thanks.

9. missed some

missed some TS Member

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Remarkable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.