1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MO shooter passes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steve R, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve R

Steve R Member

Long time shooter Larry Briegel from Trenton Mo passed away last night. At this time arrangements are pending for services. Larry will definitely be missed.

Stephen Ricketts

2. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Stephen,

Sorry to hear about Larry, first met and shot with Larry at KCTA in 1998, his wife was helping Lynn behind the counter at the time.

I was fortunate enough to visit and shoot with larry and Joe Clements at the annual anniversary shoot from 98 through to 2004, great people with a great sense of humour and wonderful ammbassadors to our sport.

My condolences to his family.

Gary Kennerson.....Sydney Australia.

3. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

Steve:Thanks for posting the very sad news about Larry.Virginia and my wife were friends on Facebook and they chat on a regular basis.I swap humorus e-mail with Virginia on a regular basis.We will hold our memories of larry dear and ask for the lord to walk with his family....John Wiegand.

4. sjfaa27aa

sjfaa27aa TS Member

Moving this up for Larry & Virginia as I know Larry is moving into Our Lords house. Steve Fuller

5. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

My most sincere sympathy to Larry's Family. I became acquainted with Larry some years ago shooting at the Macon (MO) 63 Gun Club. Afterwards, when ever Larry would see me we would have a short visit.

Sorry to hear the news, but thanks for posting the information.

Allen

6. Steve R

Steve R Member

Larry Dale Briegel, a 74-year-old Trenton resident, died Friday evening Dec. 23, 2011 at Wright Memorial Hospital in Trenton.

The body was cremated under the direction of Slater Funeral Home of Trenton.
    A Celebration of life service will be held later.
    Mr. Briegel, was born May 30, 1937 in Gallatin, the son of Lovell (Jack) Dale and Francis Roulon Briegel. He graduated from Trenton High School and attended Trenton Junior College. He was a life-long resident of Trenton and was employed as a conductor on the Rocket for the Rock Island Railroad of Trenton.
    Larry was a gunsmith and a member of First Baptist Church of Trenton.
    He was married to Nancy Ball, mother of Steve Dale Briegel, and then to Nina Tolle Falcon. On August 10, 2002 he was married to Virginia Brassfield at Trenton. She survives of the home.
    In addition to his wife, he is survived by one step-daughter, Belinda Hogan and her husband, David of Trenton; three step-sons, Marde Trimble and his wife Stefana of Plano, TX, Tom Falcon and his wife Maureen of Omaha, NE and Mike Falcon; two step-grandchildren, Matthew Falcon and Jennifer Falcon; and one aunt, Lola Mae Jackson of Trenton.
    He was preceded in death by his parents; second wife Nina Briegel; and a son, Steve Dale Briegel.
    Memorials have been requested to the Trenton Trap and Skeet, Trust For The Benefit Of Grundy County Scouts or Wright Memorial Hospice. They may be left at the funeral home.
    Online condolences may be left at www.slatersfuneralhome.com

Stephen Ricketts

7. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

Thanks for the update. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Allen

8. Steve R

Steve R Member

Services for Larry Briegel will be held January 7, 2012 with a celebration of Larry's life beginning at 9 a.m. at the First Baptist Church in Trenton, MO located at 2421 Oklahoma Ave, Trenton, MO 64683 with services following at the church at 10 a.m. Immediately after the service a meal will be served at the Trenton Gun Club located just North of Trenton on the west side of Highway 65. If anyone wants to shoot, the club will be open. Virginia has asked that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the Trenton Gun Club for youth shooting. Virginia's address is 2604 Meadowlark Lane, Trenton, MO 64683. She welcomes friends to come by the home or to give her a call at 66zero-35nine-7770 or 66zero-35nine-5240

Stephen Ricketts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.