1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MN. YOUTH CHAIN SHOOT AT MONTICELLO SATURDAY UPDAT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Primedust, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

The Minnesota Youth Chain Shoot ventures to Monticello Sportsmans Club this Saturday. This shoot will be our I-Pod shoot. Shooters will compete for trophies including I-tunes and and IPod.

Additionally each shooter whom attends three or more of our shoots gets his or her name put into a drawing for a beautiful Leather shooting bag, again being sponsored by Watertown Gun Club this year. The Shamrock bag winner will be drawn on the last shoot at Watertown Rod and Gun Club, Watertown, MN. for any shooter whom has attended 3 or more shoots this year.

This weeks shoot on Saturday July 24th starts at 9:00 am with sign in's for a 10:00 shooting time. Our next shoots are scheduled for Saturday July 31st at Waverly Gun club on the July 31st and Watertown Gun Club on August 15th.

Food and trophies are being furnished by the generosity of the Minnesota Trapshooting Association.

We wish to thank many of our donors: Minnesota Trapshooting Association, John Berning of Berning Sports, Brandon Lanie Ethical Sportsmans Society (Bless) Buffalo Gun Club, Mark and Sally Stevens, Watertown Rod and Gun Club, Scott Berning and Crow River Gun Club and the coachs and parents of shooters.

Sally and I look forward to seeing all our youth participants this weekend for another fun shoot. Bring a friend, relative or your parents. All can shoot! Thanks for your support.

Mark Stevens- Sally Stevens
    NRA/ATA Level II coaches

2. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

3. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

4. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

The chain shoot went off without a hitch on Saturday. Twenty-three youth shooters competed for I-tune cards and a Apple Shuffle I pod. Thanks to Monticello Sportsman's Club for a fine day. Targets were set well with a stiff North breeze making them sporty. Sally and I welcomed several new shooters to the group. Scores are as follows:

Pre-Sub Division.

Class A 1st Place - Lane Berning with a score of 94.
    Class B 1st Place - Paige Berning with a score of 79.
    Class C 1st Place - Tony Steffens with a score of 76.
    Class C 2nd Place - Michael Hosko with a score of 58.
    Class D 1st Place - Ryan Alstad

Sub-Junior Division.

Class A 1st Place - Colton Langer with a score of 93.
    Class B 1st Place - Tommy Mavencamp with a score of 93.
    Class B 2nd Place - Patrick Macnab with a score of 88.
    Class B 3rd Place - Beth Macnab with a score of 87.
    Class B 4th Place - Emma Olson with a score of 79.
    Class C 1st Place - Sean Becken with a score of 79.
    Class C 2nd Place - Krista Mellum with a score of 76.
    Class C 3rd Place - Lane Harris with a score of 76.
    Class C 4th Place - Wiley Harris with a score of 75.
    Class D 1st Place - Joshua Novicky with a score of 57.
    Class D 2nd Place - Conner Knight with a score of 46.

Junior Division.

Class A 1st Place Tyler Steffens with a score of 97.
    Class A 2nd Place Alex Steffens with a score of 94.
    Class A 3rd Place Colm Macnab with a score of 94.
    Class B 1st Place Zach Bismarck with a score of 85.
    Class B 2nd Place Ryan Bonde with a score of 82.
    Class C 1st Place Nathan Alstad with a score of 89.
    Class C 2nd Place Jared Hilde with a score of 88.

As you can see there were alot of close scores.

Trophies and meal were provided by funds from the Minnesota Trapshooting Youth funds. Special Thanks to our sponsors Minnesota Trapshooting Association, John Berning of Berning Sports, Shamrock Leathers, Minnesota Youth Shotgun Association (MySa), Mark and Sally Stevens, Buffalo Gun Club, Brandon Lanie Ethical Sportsmans Society (Bless) Watertown Gun Club, Owatonna Gun Club.

Next weekend Saturday the 31st we will be at Waverly Gun Club for our 6th of 7 shoots this year. Sign up is at 9:00 with targets thrown at 10:00. We look forward to seeing all our youth shooters there. Remember to bring your friends and family. Let us teach your child or neighbor a fantastic life long sport! Bring them along!

Our last shoot of the year for MN. Youth Chain Shoot is Watertown Gun Club on the 15th of August. The Shamrock leather bag will be presented to the winner of this years drawing on that day. Need not be present to win.

Thanks again to our youth shooters and Monticello for another fine shoot.

Mark and Sally Stevens
    Level II NRA/ATA Coachs
    MySa

5. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

I shoot the HOG shoot at Watertown last weekend, I hade a great time and meet some great new people. They have a great facility and crew on hand to meet all your needs. Good luck to all the youth.

Thanks to Mark and Sally for all there hard work.

Kooz

6. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.