1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MN. YOUTH CHAIN ATA EVENT-August 22-WAVERLY

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Primedust, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Just 2 days and counting. Weather is going to be absolutely perfect. 76 degrees, bright sunshine and winds from the west at 3 miles per hour. Doesn't get any better than MN. in the summer time.

Lots of Trophies and prizes. Don't forget, adults can shoot too, just not for the trophies. We are hoping for a large turn out. We have mailed reminder cards to over 250 youth shooters in MN. We hope to see you all there.

Coach and Madam Secretary
    aka: Mark Stevens - Sally Stevens
    ATA/NRA/Aim certified

2. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

We had a picture and trapshooting-perfect day on Saturday, August 22nd for our last Minnesota Youth Chain Shoot. Twenty-two shooters and their families enjoyed the day, with every shooter going home with a trophy or prize.

We'll be in touch early next year with all 2010's Minnesota Youth Chain Shoot Dates. If you want to be added to our mailing list please send me a private message and I'll sign you up!

CSJ

Trophies - Waverly

Pre-Sub(B): 1st, Lane Berning (77), 2nd Tyler Veches (75)

Pre-Sub(D): 1st Paige Berning (58), Tony Steffens (39)

Sub-Junior (B): 1st Kurt Potter (93), 2nd Jake Good (77)

Sub-Junior (C): 1st Emma Olson (91), 2nd JP Bartz (85)

Sub-Junior (D): 1st Dylan Weber (81), 2nd Patrick Macnab (78)

Junior (A): 1st Tylor Steffens (99), 2nd Alex Steffens (94)

Junior (B): 1st Luke Peterson (96), 2nd Colm Macnab (92)

Junior (C): 1st Erik Strand (95), 2nd Zach Bismarck (91)

Junior (D): 1st Megan Norman (77)

High Over All Shooter for the 2009 Minnesota Youth Chain Shoot is
    Tylor Steffens with an average of 96.7%.

Congratulations to all Shooters!

3. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

I promise to have more info and pictures tomorrow, but had crazy deadlines today that kept me from finishing any more than my last post.

Thanks, Ron, for the expert proofreading! The problem has been fixed.

Sal

4. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Good Morning,

The winner of the Shamrock Shooting bag for high over all in 3 shoots or more was Tyler Steffens of St. Michael, MN. Winner of the pheasant hunt was Megan Norman of Watertown, MN. Megan is allowed up to 6 shooters to attend with her! Wonder how many guys are going to want to be close friends with Megan now.

Sally and I want to thank all the youth shooters that attended these events. It was alot of fun to have you with us. We enjoy it as much as you do. We wish to also thank Watertown Rod and Gun Club - Watertown, MN. , Monticello Sportsmans Club -Monticello, MN., Crow River Sportsmans Club (St. Michael, MN.) and Waverly Sportsmans club, Waverly, MN. who were gracious enough to sponsor these shoots. Sounds like each of these clubs wish to repeat again next year.

A special thank you to our sponsors, Minnesota Trapshooting Association, John Berning Sports, Buffalo Gun Club, Pat's Gottberg Gunsmithing, Sally and Mark Stevens, Shamrock Leathers, and the parents of all these fine youth shooters.

We are hoping to expand and add new clubs and new outstate locations next year. If your club is interested please send us a private email and we will be more than willing to help out for a day or two.

We are currently getting started on selecting new dates for 2010 and will have our dates selected around the 20th of September. We will contact all clubs in MN. at that time for interest in hosting one of these events. There was alot of interest generated this year so please respond early as dates will be on a first come first serve basis.

Until then thanks for another great year!

Mark and Sally Stevens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.